• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I admit I have an addiction to new or new-to-me guns, but as long as I have the extra cash, I don't see an end in sight. I love seeing them purdy things all lined up nice and orderly in my safe.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've got the itch with limited ways to scratch it. I will be buying another gun this afternoon but it's nowhere near approaching what I would like to have in my safe...something about loans, budgets, and bills...

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    So does anyone else have the problem of just always wanting more guns? Since I've joined INGO every time I've been bored at work I get on and starting looking through the classifieds and get tempted lol. This has not been good on the bank account. I mean for about 1-2 months Friday night was gun deal night hahaha. Does anyone else have this medical condition

Rest assured that you are not the only person here suffering from this condition. The only known cure is to register to vote as a Democrat or get a brain-ectomy. Both are equivalent.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    So does anyone else have the problem of just always wanting more guns? Since I've joined INGO every time I've been bored at work I get on and starting looking through the classifieds and get tempted lol. This has not been good on the bank account. I mean for about 1-2 months Friday night was gun deal night hahaha. Does anyone else have this medical condition

I am also afflicted with this condition however I have a cure for this (it is painful at times) and it is called Matrimony. Been married for 34 yrs and it is the perfect firearm acquisition prevention medicine. :rolleyes:

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've had this condition for the last two years. I was pretty content with what I had acquired. That's why I was so devastated after the boating accident...

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I had 4 before the Sig.
    (Tanfoglio 9mm, 10/22, 87 Beretta, P32)

After a buddy bought a Mosquito and had problems with it, I searched the web for solutions and found SigForum. :n00b:
    P-series are great guns! :rockwoot:

How do you like your Tanfoglios?! I have been looking at a 10mm one for quite a while and I love the idea of replacing the slide and chambering it for a completely different round.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My name is Mike and I bought my first gun a week after my wife and I married on her birthday at that. Since that March of 2012 I have acquired 7 keepers, 2 that I've traded and 1 family heirloom. I've had this itch for about 3 weeks now and really feel like giving in on this Astra. My wife is not an enabler so I can only look and not touch.

ParaSig44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    First Post

I think this will be a problem for me in the future. But Im sure my wife will be able to slap my request down. :ingo:

Ketchup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    I self diagnosed myself with black rifle disease a few years ago and now I have been bitten by the keltec bug. A friend of mine recently picked up his sub 2000 and let me shoot it. Now I've been looking to own one. Stumbled upon a KSG and picked that up without a hesitation.

I believe an intervention is in order...

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I have a wife who curbs my addiction with threats to become addicted to jewelry, purses, and shoes. Right now I have it great. My wife only wears the two rings I gave her, has a total of maybe 5 purses, and buys shoes only when the others wear out (not counting sandals and house slippers of which I turn a blind eye to the growing pile hoping to one day use this to my advantage).

I went on a buying spree this year and accumulated 5 new guns. I got the death stare when I insisted that no man is whole without a 1911 in Bradis the other day. I am sure such an event will never happen again unless I sell a novel or win the jackpot and will be subsequently limited to one purchase a year; finances allowing.

EDIT - I got the evil eye for suggesting 1 per year. Perhaps its more of a biennial kinda thing.

Last edited:

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Bought my first firearm last summer, now I have about 6.

Keep telling the Fiance that I'm just "building up my initial battery." I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Ketchup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Right now I have it great. My wife only wears the two rings I gave her, has a total of maybe 5 purses, and buys shoes only when the others wear out (not counting sandals and house slippers of which I turn a blind eye to the growing pile hoping to one day use this to my advantage).

:laugh:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Unlike some have posted, my addiction does not allow me to sell them. I've sold one and still feel REALLY bad for doing it. I guess I'm addicted and loyal. Now that I think about it, I might have to have SAS (Safe Acquiring Syndrome) next. My only struggle with that is the money (time to convince the wife too) spent there could have meant more GUNS..... ahahah... vicious cycle and i love it...
    No no, never trade or sell them. I traded one a while back and I miss it bad. I swear will never trade or sell, ever again.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In my youth I accumulated a respectable collection of long guns with which I did hunt. Then I moved to Ohio which is so flat that one is only allowed to hunt with great subsonic chunks of lead that fall to earth rapidly. But lest that be enjoyable they hand out hunting licenses to anyone with a heartbeat and compress deer 'season' into a few short weeks so all of the mighty hunters infest most every wooded area, shooting at things that 'sound like deer' or they 'thought was a deer'. So my long guns became safe queens, eventually moving back to my home state without me, and I developed a fascination for handguns and playing supersonic darts on a paper dart board. For many moons I was happy. Then one day after handling some at a gun show I thought " I should research swedish mausers because I believe I might like one". Fast forward three months and I want an m96 AND an m38 and maybe even a k98. Oh and a cz-75 too. Where has my contentedness with my lot fled to.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Ruger 1911. Some would say there are better ones out there...Maybe.

I have been stalking this one for a while. At first it was not bad because I heard they were coming out with a Commander model, so I just walked by and waited. The other day I fondled one at Rural King, but it was not the Commander. Must not do that again, or it will be bought. Have to wait for a good price on the Commander. Must not touch.

Top Bottom