• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    Any place near Indiana have a gun buyback program?? I was just given 3 old very rusty barn guns , all rusted , pitted , missing parts, cracked stocks, one with out any wood (found in field with tillage tool) . just wanting what to do with them. one is a Stevens visible loader, other is a wards pump shot gun, (may be able to save it , but won't ever be nice) last one is a rust pile.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Allot of people on this forum are not for the gun buy back programs because they send a wrong message to the sheeple!! Hence all guns are bad and need to be taken of the street, If they were mine I think I would just make wall hangers out of them, and enjoy them as a conversation piece, Just my:twocents: worth, God luck with them.:D

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Evertime I see a buyback on tv my mouth waters then my eyes water. I agree with HandK...keep them as " hey check this one out" guns or put em back int the barn.jmo.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The way I see it, if these idiots are willing to pay me for non-functioning/worthless guns, I'm happy to take it. Why not part these suckers from their money? That way they have less money to get ahold of poor people's weapons. The whole purpose of those buybacks, just like "saturday night special" bans, is to keep the poor/minorities disarmed because they are deemed untrustworthy.

St. Joseph County is the only place in Indiana that I know of that does one. I've never been so I don't know what they are offering.

bigbird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    I was just thinking I would take the money and put it toward a working Gun. Even if it was a Gift Card, I would use it but still take the money it saved me and put it toward a gun . maybe I will just hang them up in the Garage .

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The way I see it, if these idiots are willing to pay me for non-functioning/worthless guns, I'm happy to take it. Why not part these suckers from their money? That way they have less money to get ahold of poor people's weapons. The whole purpose of those buybacks, just like "saturday night special" bans, is to keep the poor/minorities disarmed because they are deemed untrustworthy.

St. Joseph County is the only place in Indiana that I know of that does one. I've never been so I don't know what they are offering.

In some counties the suckers you would be parting from their money is the TAX payer ...hence yourself :n00b::rolleyes:

Hang them on the wall enjoy the conversations you will have about them :twocents:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    In some counties the suckers you would be parting from their money is the TAX payer ...hence yourself :n00b::rolleyes:

Hang them on the wall enjoy the conversations you will have about them :twocents:

Hey, by that point I've already been parted from it so why not get some back? I'm not in any way supportive of these events, much like many other things my tax dollars go to. Wouldn't I go get my money back?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I protested the last gun "buyback" here in South Bend. I did not protest lawful gun owners bringing their broken garbage and taking advantage of the system.
    I protested criminals bringing in weapons used in crimes and stolen weapons for fifty bucks and the promise of immunity from prosecution. I also protested the guns being destroyed even if the department had the rightful owners on record.

WoodWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I don't think any by back programs would give you a nickle for them, they want to take functional ones off the streets. I suggest either use them for wall hangers, or give them to a gunsmithing school, or strip the wood off and sell them for scrap.

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    Hey shoot me pictures of the Steven's visible loader. I have an old one of these that could use some parts. You could also check with egunparts online, they buy old gun parts and sell them on their website.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Can I set up a tent next to their gun buybacks and give them a few bucks more for their guns? Of course, I'm going to be on the phone all day running serial checks on them.

Then I can finally open up my gun shop. :)

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    They sound pretty cool to me.. I like stuff like that. Makes you wonder how the gun got lost out in that field?? You should post some pics....

Top Bottom