Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember Timothy Churchmouse too.....

Aired on Channel 13.

P9260166.jpg

Wow...you have some sick research skills.

Edit....I have been outed.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    WHOA DAIR MAMA!!!

I think JDM just earned the right to have his name inscribed on the Sagamore of the Golden Balls roster! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Accepted. I do see his actions as an in your face approach to a situation that could have been accomplished with less bravado and in your face tactics. But that is only my opinion and if involved, I would have been more discreet. In this situation, what other result could be expected from the sign and his presentation.
    My post was not totally in reference to this young man and the hero reference is loose at best.
    The question was put to me and I answered. Please take my response as such.

Edit...I was responding to Mbills2223
    I see where you're coming from and i'm truly not trying to be argumentative but I was'nt strictly going by you're response to that particular poster alone. The terminology was used in other posts as well about "picking battles wisely" and the "young hero" thing.

I was just being a bit more specific about exactly what I took issue with.

Regardless of that, I've stated my opinion already and i'm not looking to extend the point any farther. Just wanted to make this clarification. Cheers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It appears at least a few of you are starting to understand why what the kid did was wrong. For the rest of you.....when we talk about those who should not have guns, we're talking about you. Going to this event to purposely cause a confrontation with the police, which is exactly what the kid did, is immature and suggestive of an intellect we don't want in possession of a firearm. If you think what he did was proper, you are just as much a part of the problem as is he.

Also in this thread we see several examples of those who want to play former policeman, etc. It's easy to be who you want to be in the Internet. However, after a while, your true identity comes through in the posts you make. You're not fooling anyone......

So...
    What you're trying to say is....

"Message from the Talking Head.
    Bla
    Bla
    Bla Bla"

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    What he was cited for, he was not doing. He didn't break any law.

Agreed, though it was only really a narrow retort to the poster to whom I included the quote.

And before I catch heck for it, even if he violated an ordinance......an ordinance is not a law.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    1. Jd thanks.
    2. Give me some notice next time one of these pops up, I'll meet you.
    3. When I get back to school this fall I will make a shirt that says "I buy guns" this is clearly not a sign.
    4. I'll bring freinds to film the exchange.
    5. Even if he had cOnducted a purchase he had no reasonable suspicion that the guns would have been stolen. Any Leo's that think they could prove that good luck, provided you didn't know they were stolen the worst that should be able to happen to you is forfeiture of the stolen pistols. Unless I am mistaken.
    6. Someday the hecklers veto will be retired

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    <snip>
    Also in this thread we see several examples of those who want to play former policeman, etc. It's easy to be who you want to be in the Internet. However, after a while, your true identity comes through in the posts you make. You're not fooling anyone......

See Jake, the difference here is..

Liberty has posted his real name.
    INGO members have met him.
    We have seen him interviewed on TV.

SO Jake, who are you? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see where you're coming from and i'm truly not trying to be argumentative but I was'nt strictly going by you're response to that particular poster alone. The terminology was used in other posts as well about "picking battles wisely" and the "young hero" thing.

I was just being a bit more specific about exactly what I took issue with.

Regardless of that, I've stated my opinion already and i'm not looking to extend the point any farther. Just wanted to make this clarification. Cheers.

And to you as well.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    See Jake, the difference here is..

Liberty has posted his real name.
    INGO members have met him.
    We have seen him interviewed on TV.

SO Jake, who are you? :dunno:

Very decent of you sir, thanks. I missed the post in which my veracity was questioned until you and Dirtebike called my attention to it.

Anyone who wishes to research my past life, such as it was, may feel free to Google me:

Lieutenant Harry Thomas, Cincinnati Police Division, NRA Board of Directors should prove sufficient.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So...
    What you're trying to say is....

"Message from the Talking Head.
    Bla
    Bla
    Bla Bla"

Ok Jake. That's not up to my normal standards.
    1. You say some are "coming around". Who? I don't think I've really seen anyone change their position.
    2. You are in the majority? Really. How do you judge that? Is there a poll I missed? What was the sampling, demographics, and statistical analysis method? And is the raw data available for peer review?
    3. Nice of you to set yourself up in judgement. I guess we all do. Of course, I try to restrict myself to lawbreakers. You know, like murders shouldn't have guns. But I guess where I can see people following the law would be the next logical step.
    4. Thank you for your OPINION. You might have a better chance of swaying opinions with a little more umm....FACTS.
    5. So if we left history up to you
    A. We'd be a nation of tea drinkers.
    B. We'd have a king.
    C. Certain groups of people would be less equal than others in law.
    D. Stop and frisk would be the norm in places other than New York.
    E. We could be told who/how to worship.
    Etc.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Very decent of you sir, thanks. I missed the post in which my veracity was questioned until you and Dirtebike called my attention to it.

Anyone who wishes to research my past life, such as it was, may feel free to Google me:

Lieutenant Harry Thomas, Cincinnati Police Division, NRA Board of Directors should prove sufficient.

My pleasure.

..not that Jake will ever come back to defend/discuss his remarks, he never does. That's his MO

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Jake is my hero. It takes balls to come into a gun forum as an obvious anti-gun plant and continue to fight the "good" fight like he does.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom