• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There was an article in the newspaper this week outlining plans for a gun buyback in April. According to the article they are going to pay $100 for a gun and $10 for an air rifle or bb gun. The only stipulation is that "you can't use the money to buy another gun."

Police, volunteers planning gun buy back for Valley » Local & Bistate » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

Some of you may recall my experience with a gun buyback in Indy last year:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ndment/223485-gun_buyback-11.html#post3105019

I encourage INGOers to attend this event heavily. You could go to protest or to engage in private sales. Anything you do to make a mockery of this event would be fantastic. I would gladly participate again, but I have taken a job in Bangkok, Thailand, so I'm a little far away. There is a middle school near the mall it is being held at, so be careful.

Will they be doing a background check on each of the "purchasers" at this buy back?

Hack966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Buy back a bust

I drove through the mall lot and didn't see anything going on. I don't think it was inside, but definitely nothing outside.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    This was either the most covert buyback ever or it didnt even happen. I live very near the location of the event and pass it many times per day. There were no increased numbers of police or anyone carrying guns in and out of the Meadows Mall or any where in the parking lot.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Thanks. I tried to contact Lt. Jason Brentlinger at the THPD, but was only able to leave a message. I think it never happened. It would be nice to get an official confirmation of it. The THPD phone menu system seems designed to make it hard to get in touch with the people there.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Do you mind if I quote your comment in the article that I am writing? I think the title will be "Terre Haute Turn In "buyback" fizzles out" or some such.

Top Bottom