• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    41 mag -

Let's say you bought 10 guns - and one WAS stolen or involved in a crime or something....

What's gonna happen? Let's say you took the WHOLE batch to the police and ran them to make sure that they were clean. If ONE is bad, what are you out? Relatively little.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    41 mag -

Let's say you bought 10 guns - and one WAS stolen or involved in a crime or something....

What's gonna happen? Let's say you took the WHOLE batch to the police and ran them to make sure that they were clean. If ONE is bad, what are you out? Relatively little.

OH NO, My buddy is a STATE TROOPER, pulled over a guy, the guy told him he had a gun, the TROOPER run the numbers, Gun was stolen, guy had a reciept for the stolen gun, he had bought it from a PAWN SHOP, TROOPER told the guy, I know you didn't steal the gun, but it's in your possesion & I've have to take you jail, but my buddy told him to get a lawyer & sue the pawn shop. That was for a stolen gun, can you imagine a gun involved in a M U R D E R:eek::eek:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    OH NO, My buddy is a STATE TROOPER, pulled over a guy, the guy told him he had a gun, the TROOPER run the numbers, Gun was stolen, guy had a reciept for the stolen gun, he had bought it from a PAWN SHOP, TROOPER told the guy, I know you didn't steal the gun, but it's in your possesion & I've have to take you jail, but my buddy told him to get a lawyer & sue the pawn shop. That was for a stolen gun, can you imagine a gun involved in a M U R D E R:eek::eek:

Unlikely, if you cooperate at that point there is truely little to nothing they can even charge you with,
    Officer: "sir, this firearm is stolen, I will have to confiscate it"
    owner: "I have paperwork saying where I bought it from"
    officer: "its still stolen"
    owner: "you can book it as evidence, but i'll need a copy of paperwork and report"
    officer: "why?"
    owner"to make sure you aren't just keeping it and to take legal action to get my money back"

That's how it should play out, stolen property can only be convicted if it was known to be stolen.....and most places will realize that upon questioning.

So chances are, that guy was refusing to cooperate if he was put in jail and being prosecuted.....

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    What I have seen on buy back programs is no money given for guns, to me that means maybe something wrong with the gun or it has a history that people don't want tied to them. I would be a little afraid to buy myself, but at the same time I will buy from an individual at the gun show.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

So first your buddy is the trooper, then your buddy gets hauled off to jail? I'm confused.

Also, no way this happened.

Top Bottom