• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ya I'd probably turn in an old Bressica-Galesi '58 I have from my grandma. The lil .25 auto is worth about $100 in a sale MAYBE, but $200-$300 sounds like a good price :). I keep waiting for one of these to pop up in Fort Wayne, they can be useful! Got a Mosin Nagant? $200-$300 could yield some profit if you turned in quite a few of 'em lol.

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Um, where do you guys think that $200 - 300 comes from?
    I'll give you a hint...
    if you don't pay taxes you have no clue.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Quote from the link above "Police say residents can turn in their guns with no questions asked." But what they don't tell you is they will run checks to see if the gun is stolen, been involved in any crime, & finger print it to see if any wanted criminals have handled it.
    There may be no questions ask, right then, but I can almost guarantee that there will be news camera crews their to record who is turning in what. Then the questions start later.
    And you just thought it was to get the guns off the street.:):

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Does New Albany have a problem with too many guns on the street? Never been there myself, but it doesn't look like a major metropolis.

Curious...

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    New Albany doesn't have a gun problem. Actually a pretty safe city imo. Jeffersonville is far scarier to me. Sadly I am there every day.

rpsthirteen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    New Albany doesn't have a gun problem. Actually a pretty safe city imo. Jeffersonville is far scarier to me. Sadly I am there every day.

I grew up in New Albany and live in Jeff now. I don't really think either one has much of a "gun problem". I have to walk to my car at 4am every night after work in old Louisville....so maybe I'm just used to it.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Wish I had the answer. I live here, more potholes than asphalt. The city is broke they say, got a few new police cars and refused to buy key fob remotes for them at a couple hundred bucks extra per car. I know the officers driving the cars were fuming. Front page news constantly is city refusing to pay police back overtime from a dispute awhile back, don't remember all the details.
    Got me ?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow. I can't get down there, but I think I'll see if my dad can take a 16g single shot with a cracked stock over there for me.

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011

Can you define "gun problem" please? Failure to feed? Failure to fire? Failure to eject?
    You realize you sound like a flaming liberal, right?

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If you had a closet full of Mosins (i.e. Miller), you could make a nice profit at this buy back. Then you could maybe buy a low end AR-15 and a single magazine.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    They always say they want "to get guns off the street"!
    I have NEVER seen guns laying around on the street, anywhere!
    Seriously though, they surely don't think they are deterring any crime with these buy backs!
    I think it's more of a "make the sheeple feel good" thing!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I must have a junker or two that aren't worth their weight in scrap metal that can be turned into something new... hmmm.... must start digging through the parts boxes to see what I can piece together.

What dumbasses...

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    When people are trying to sell Raven .25 autos for $200 and Keltec PF9s for $500 on Armslist, they're doesn't seem to be much of a profit margin.

Top Bottom