• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I have been googling around trying to find how much they are paying and how. I can't find anything on the one that is coming. I notice an article about one last year said they were giving grocery store gift cards. I wonder if they are making sure the payment isn't redeemable somewhere like Cabelas so someone like me can't wright a letter to the editor saying something like.....
    "Thank you East Chicago for helping me get a new AK-47. You gave me 100 bucks for that old piece of junk I was afraid to fire and I went straight to Cabelas and used it towards a brand new AK. Once again thank you for helping me buy a high power, high capacity, military style, laser guided assault rifle."

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I am SERIOUSLY considering showing up on April 29th and see if I can pick up a gun or two for a decent price. Offer the folks outside a hair over what they would get inside and eliminate them having to stand in line in the cold. (some folks are LAZY and HATE having to stand in the cold for ANYTHING! LOL)

red_phoenix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    I thought the idea of the gun buy was suppose to get them off the streets and out of kids hands.. I mean dont the pd check to see if any match any recent crimes?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have been googling around trying to find how much they are paying and how. I can't find anything on the one that is coming. I notice an article about one last year said they were giving grocery store gift cards. I wonder if they are making sure the payment isn't redeemable somewhere like Cabelas so someone like me can't wright a letter to the editor saying something like.....
    "Thank you East Chicago for helping me get a new AK-47. You gave me 100 bucks for that old piece of junk I was afraid to fire and I went straight to Cabelas and used it towards a brand new AK. Once again thank you for helping me buy a high power, high capacity, military style, laser guided assault rifle."

You can always email the address I left and find out.
    I'm NOT going to email it to ask but I'm sure as the date approaches their will be flyers for it. Based on prior EC Gun Buy backs it has been a $100 gift card to Strak n Van Till and/or Ultra Foods.

This website BTW allows you to turn your gift card into cash!
    GiftCardRescue ? Buy Gift Cards, Sell, Swap, Online, Gift Card Exchange

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOT TRIED IT AND SINCE THE GIFT CARDS ARE FOR LOCAL VENDORS NOT SURE IF YOU CAN USE THAT WEBSITE.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I thought the idea of the gun buy was suppose to get them off the streets and out of kids hands.. I mean dont the pd check to see if any match any recent crimes?

That is what the event promoters are saying it is for. I'm not positive but I would think that the EC police department would check to see if they (firearms) have been used in a crime so they could use that as "evidence" (i guess) for the cases in question. All the firearms that are "clean" (ie. not used in a crime) end up getting destroyed.

Does it get them off the street?
    Yes, those guns will be off the street forever since they are destroyed.

Does it get them out of the hands of children.
    Yes, again because those guns are destroyed.

Does it help stop crime?
    Nope since a gun is just a tool and as common as a bat, car, knife, pencil all of which can be used to commit a crime.

Does it help at the core of the problem?
    Nope since the gun is not the CORE problem and neither is CRIME. Both are by-products on the core issue which is "entitlements". You have at least 2 to 3 generation of people now that do not work, demand that the government provide them with food, shelter, medical services, and everything else and when they do not get what they want they take it. From this a series of by-products have resulted: no effort to advance oneself (ie. no need to get an education or work hard, no need to create/build/start a biz and produce items to sell, no advance of society)

So long as the entitlement mentality is nurtured by .gov society as a whole will not prosper and the evil by-products of it will continue (crime, welfare, destruction of family values, etc..)

:welcome: 2 :ingo: BTW.
    I would recommend you read this PDF when you have a chance.

Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

Welcome to INGO
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The ACTUAL GUN BUY BACK in on 29 APRIL 2011 at 3 locations.
    30 MAR 2011 there is a luncheon to "kick off" the gun buy back program in the city. :rolleyes: (ie. Read: political fund raiser event)
    ok, thanks. i must have not read carefully enough. might give me some time to scrape together a few bucks.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    You can always email the address I left and find out.
    I'm NOT going to email it to ask but I'm sure as the date approaches their will be flyers for it. Based on prior EC Gun Buy backs it has been a $100 gift card to Strak n Van Till and/or Ultra Foods.

This website BTW allows you to turn your gift card into cash!
    GiftCardRescue ? Buy Gift Cards, Sell, Swap, Online, Gift Card Exchange

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOT TRIED IT AND SINCE THE GIFT CARDS ARE FOR LOCAL VENDORS NOT SURE IF YOU CAN USE THAT WEBSITE.

If they can cash in the gift card, the crack-heads will be there selling whatever gun they stole:D

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I have participated in a few buyback events, and mostly seen old, unusable guns being turned in for cash/gift cards. There are a few times a nice gun gets turned in ie a Sig, or a AK47 and they generally get videoed and are shown on the 5:00 news. It is nothing more than a huge political event, all the top officials stand around and say look what we are doing to make you safe. The criminals never turn in their guns, so as a deterent to crime it is a failure, but getting old guns out of someones house that a child might have access to, it is a huge success.

red_phoenix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    lol yeah i googled buy backs and some one in florida turned in a rocket launcher.
    never in my wildest would i have thought that was out there. I wonder if i go and stand in line if they'll give one to me just for the hell of it. Ill say im in need of one for my own protection lol. just a thought.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I found one of the flyers at the South Shore Train Station for the event.

$75 gift card for trade in gun.
    $25 goft card for broken/damaged gun.
    [Not specified what is damaged gun]

3 Locations:
    Fire Station #1
    3901 Indianapolis Blvd

Steelworkers Union Local 1010
    3703 Euclid Ave

Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
    4756 Melville Ave

Turn-In Procedure
    1. Gun must be delivered unloaded
    2. Gun must be put in a clear plastic bag, and put into another container (gym bag, backpack, etc)
    3. If depositing ammunition in addition to gun, ammunition must be delivered in a seperate bag
    4. If transporting the gun by car, gun must be transported in the truck of the car
    5. After the gun is screened by officers, and determined to be working firearm, a gift card will be given
    6. Rifles and Shotgons will be accpeted

----
    So looks like $100 CASH can get you a new gun on that day?
    Anyone interested in going?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I found one of the flyers at the South Shore Train Station for the event.

$75 gift card for trade in gun.
    $25 goft card for broken/damaged gun.
    [Not specified what is damaged gun]

3 Locations:
    Fire Station #1
    3901 Indianapolis Blvd

Steelworkers Union Local 1010
    3703 Euclid Ave

Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
    4756 Melville Ave

Turn-In Procedure
    1. Gun must be delivered unloaded
    2. Gun must be put in a clear plastic bag, and put into another container (gym bag, backpack, etc)
    3. If depositing ammunition in addition to gun, ammunition must be delivered in a seperate bag
    4. If transporting the gun by car, gun must be transported in the truck of the car
    5. After the gun is screened by officers, and determined to be working firearm, a gift card will be given
    6. Rifles and Shotgons will be accpeted

----
    So looks like $100 CASH can get you a new gun on that day?
    Anyone interested in going?

Hmmm, seriously tempted...could maybe pick up some ammo too!

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Just curious, but after reading another thread, and from lurking around for a while on the web, how do these people LEGALLY transport the firearm? I'm sure most of them do not a LTCH. Just kind of a random question that I was thinking of.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just curious, but after reading another thread, and from lurking around for a while on the web, how do these people LEGALLY transport the firearm? I'm sure most of them do not a LTCH. Just kind of a random question that I was thinking of.

They can't LEGALLY transport the firearm without an LTCH to this event. However the LEOs in this case will turn a blind eye for this event.

After all the billboards on Cline Ave promoting this eye show faces of children on them. You must think of the children that are being saved by this event which TRUMPS anyone brekaing the law to get $75 to turn in a handgun. :rolleyes:

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Anyone know what time this will take place at the three locations?
    Seriously thinking about loitering with a few crisp C-notes on hand to see what folks may be bringing in.

Do you think the police on premises would try to shut down sidewalk sales on sight?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone know what time this will take place at the three locations?
    Seriously thinking about loitering with a few crisp C-notes on hand to see what folks may be bringing in.

Do you think the police on premises would try to shut down sidewalk sales on sight?

From OP it's from 9AM to 3PM at all 3 locations.

No idea on the "shutting down sidewalk sales". Worse they can do it harrasse you for standing around. Granted at the 2 private sites you can be asked to leave and not return due to TREASPASSING. At the fire station hum.. that is public property so don't think they can kick you out.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Slow business at the firehouse. GoW and I saved a couple, passed on a couple more. Nothing exotic and not too many people coming through. The firemen are hassling us on the LT.s orders but don't really care when we come back. The cop inside put up resistance the same way - cause he has to, not because he wants to.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Slow business at the firehouse. GoW and I saved a couple, passed on a couple more. Nothing exotic and not too many people coming through. The firemen are hassling us on the LT.s orders but don't really care when we come back. The cop inside put up resistance the same way - cause he has to, not because he wants to.

:postpics:

& it's probably becuase all the Hi-Points were/are being dumped at the "Harbor" side fo town at the local 1010.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom