• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    $46 only seems steep because you're used to buying cruddy Walmart-type belts.

$46 is an absolute STEAL of a price for a real honest-to-God gun belt.

"buy once, cry once" is often bandied about in regards to scope buying... Same holds true for buying holsters and belts.

Buy QUALITY once (or a few times) vs. buying junk several times.

As WebSnyper alluded to: How much do you have invested in the gun/ammo? Why the investment into a good Colt 1911 - only to hang it from the cheapest Walmart belt you can find?

Also, for the purposes of this discussion: Cheap does not equal inexpensive; and expensive does not always equal quality. I'd rather have an $80 Raven holster than I would a $100 High Noon Holster...

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ THIS!!! Pay for quality. After buying a real made-for-guns-gun-belt I will **NEVER** use a cheapy 'decorative' belt to hang my gun from again. There is a world of difference, especially regarding retention and keeping my gun close to my body. Also, comfort is better when the gun is properly supported--the weight is distributed more over a wide sturdy belt.....don't be cheap on your gear if you shelled out on your gun.... now if you were carrying a Highpoint, I'd tell you to get a $4 belt from the dollar store!! ;)

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Another +1 to Daltech Force. I have the Dual Layer Bullbelt and did a review of it on here. I also than bought a Bio-Belt and will be doing a write up of the Dual Layer Bullbelt with full length stiffener. You can't go wrong with them, considering they are the official belt of the U.S. Army now.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    bio vs bull vs double bull for the $?

Bio is thinner if you wear dress pants or worry about it. My dad likes the Dress BullBelt but he is a pastor and carries smaller guns. The Dual Layer Bullbelt is a BEAST!! It fits great with jeans and khakis and will hold anything. obviously the one with the stiffener is a little more beefy, but they are all great belts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    After reading Esrice's excellent review, I got a Daltech Bull Belt last December. Its held up very well and I wear it on and off duty. Once it hits the 12 month mark I intend to do my own review, but Esrice's work is top notch on this topic.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    I've got three gun belts and wear one everyday. I've got Bianchi leather gun belts in brown and black for my Crossbreed type holsters because they are fairly sturdy and thin enough to slide through most clips and loops. They're OK but they show wear fairly quickly. I also have a Filson double bridle leather belt that is about 7 yrs old. It still looks like it did the day it was shipped to me. If I ever wear it out I would order another but my experience with all of my Filson products leads me to believe that belt will outlive me.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Consider Looper Law Enforcement ... I like these belts (I have 3) is that they have a strip of kydex built into them. If you look through the belt keeper holes, you can actually see the kydex strip. They are comfortable and durable. Looper Reinforced Holster Belt
    The only thing is that when I called Looper to order directly, the lady was a real crabby ***** and snapped at me, "All items are 5 weeks out!!" ....well, really cranky lady?? So, I did a google search for the Looper style that I liked and found it in stock at several distributors. ...so if you like the belt, search around and don't buy directly from looper...should be available.

Isn't a "Looper" what they call a golf caddy in Tibet?

Top Bottom