I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a hvac guy.
    I like my gas heat.
    Newer heat pumps have improved the heat pump world. But really like to use these with gas backup for best efficiency (but pricey).
    I just installed a new high efficieny Trane furnace.
    One of the down falls to old heat pumps was the air coming out of the registers was not as hot as gas heat. But that to has gotten better.
    Be more than happy to answer any questions if you need help.

Thanks for the offer of help. I do appreciate it.
    That said I am over 50 years in the trade with experience in all areas of HVAC-R.
    Not bragging just putting out what I have seen.

Yes, the hacks are everywhere. For lack of other well paying positions the service trucks are filled with those who can barely use a multi-meter let alone properly diagnose a sick system.

I find the new pumps to be far more efficient than to older R-22 based systems. Comfort levels are much higher. Reliability is still a question. There is so much more to fail in a pump.
    I hate working on one in the dead of winter.

I come across more issues with pumps failing early in their duty cycle than furnaces. Just personal experience.

I have cut way back on our involvement in the field in the last few years as I reach out to retirement. I consider myself semi-retired but until I change my cell number it rings endlessly. We have 2 small outfits staffed with people I trained or just trust that I send out when needed. Still servicing good customers with quality techs.
    We operate totally on word of mouth these days. Not all of the folks out there want a quality install or service. They are looking for a quick/cheap fix. We just do not do that.

Top Bottom