• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I've gone to the G19 from an old fashioned 1911 guy for over 4 decades.
    It took a while but I got the mechanics in place and I shoot it pretty well . They're Excellent, dependable, and comfortable to conceal.
    I did figure out one major thing.
    These damned buttugly Glocks are what started the OC/CC debate. They're so ugly you make up all kinds of excuses for them.

If you'd told me 3 years ago that I would ever own a Glock, I wouldn't have believed you....

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If you'd told me 3 years ago that I would ever own a Glock, I wouldn't have believed you....

Like you I wouldn't have even considered switching over. The Gen 4 has a better grip angle for old 1911 guys like me. I no longer have to aim at the knee cap to bust your belly button at 5 yards.
    OC= open carry, CC = concealed carry.

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Knee cap...funny (I did LOL). Unfortunately, I've gotten used to the Glock grip angle. I was playing with a CM40 that I really liked, but after getting used to the Glock I find that if I try to shoot without looking at the sights I'm way low :(

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Yeah, the trigger isn't GREAT, but it's the same every time. It's not bad and it can be tweaked easily enough. That was one of the things I loved about the P7. I had a P220 for a while but didn't like the double action to single action transition.

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    At one point I was anti Glock carrying only Sigs and HKs. When my dept switched to Glock I didn't have a choice. Now I like them but i'll never admit it.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I bought my first Glock back in (I think) 1993. It was a Glock 19 and 15 rounds of 9mm in a gun that size back then was quite a feat. Since then I have had a pistol from every major manufacturer and several of the smaller ones. I have always came back to Glock and have gotten rid of just about everything else. The simplicity, ruggedness, simple manual of arms, and ease of maintenance is what kept me carrying a Glock for all these years.
    To the OP I say welcome aboard the Glock bandwagon. Your pistol will serve you well for decades to come.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

We're all coming out of the closet. I started with a G22, moved to a G27 then realized I added an extension. I went and got a G19, and can't seem to put it down. I do find myself spreading the EDC love to the others out of guilt.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Saying "I guess I am a Glock guy now" is almost like saying "I think I'm gay"... Its just a bad look all the way around.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

We must be coming out. I started with a G22, then a G27 and realized why am I adding an extension. EDC is now a G19, and I can't put it down. I take the others out once in awhile out of guilt.

Top Bottom