• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I participated in a defensive rifle training class today, put on by Jerrod Baugh at Guardian Firearms Academy in Greencastle . The class was very informative for me. It covered basic handling and sighting skills, moving and shooting, shot placement. We finished up after dark deploying a light.
    An emphasis on safety was always paramount.
    This is my second time training with Jerrod, the first being defensive pistol.
    I would recommend his classes to any one who is looking for training.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    An emphasis on safety was always paramount.

What exactly do you mean when you say this. Obviously, I like to be safe, too. However, I can only wonder does this mean range nazi? Does everyone have to be on line before anyone can shoot? Are 360 degree scans permitted? Are you allowed to go muzzle up if you choose to? Or is this just your way of saying no one got shot.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    What exactly do you mean when you say this. Obviously, I like to be safe, too. However, I can only wonder does this mean range nazi? Does everyone have to be on line before anyone can shoot? Are 360 degree scans permitted? Are you allowed to go muzzle up if you choose to? Or is this just your way of saying no one got shot.

I read in another thread that you've trained with Tactical Response so I understand why you are asking what you are asking.

There are very, very few schools where you will have the same opportunity to behave on a shooting range as you should in the real world. It is something that makes Tactical Response different.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I read in another thread that you've trained with Tactical Response so I understand why you are asking what you are asking.

There are very, very few schools where you will have the same opportunity to behave on a shooting range as you should in the real world. It is something that makes Tactical Response different.

I can behave on the range as I would in the real world, and do so in many places. Perhaps I am confused about what you all are meaning.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I can behave on the range as I would in the real world, and do so in many places.

Have you ever trained with someone who threw out all the range rules and simply enforced the 4 firearm safety rules? Be honest.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Have you ever trained with someone who threw out all the range rules and simply enforced the 4 firearm safety rules? Be honest.

I am always honest. I cannot say I have ever trained in a situation where it was expressed that way. My first respone was going to be no, but the vehicle tactics course with Henk Iverson was fairly wide open.

Are you talking about a common firing line primarliy or more than that? Much more than that?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Are you talking about a common firing line primarliy or more than that? Much more than that?

I'd say that's a factor, but there is more. One example is having your gun out and being able to turn 360 degrees around. That's a pretty good litmus test for range rules vs. firearm safety rules.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'd say that's a factor, but there is more. One example is having your gun out and being able to turn 360 degrees around. That's a pretty good litmus test for range rules vs. firearm safety rules.

I see.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN

Muzzle discipline was the key, no muzzle up. No 360 scan was allowed. Yes , everyone on the line prior to shooting on drill command. I have nothing to compare it to, as this was my first class on rifle. I would put it more in the basic category.
    For a guy like me, who has done nothing with a rifle but put holes in paper out in the back forty, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Muzzle discipline was the key, no muzzle up. No 360 scan was allowed. Yes , everyone on the line prior to shooting on drill command. I have nothing to compare it to, as this was my first class on rifle. I would put it more in the basic category.
    For a guy like me, who has done nothing with a rifle but put holes in paper out in the back forty, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Jerrod is a great shooter and I am sure a great instructor.

Top Bottom