• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Gotta give the Admiral credit for not laughing :)

IIRC, Guam is 13 miles wide at it's widest point, 4 miles wide at the narrowest point (roughly in the middle, it's barbell shaped,) and about 31 miles long.

This isn't the first time I've heard of Guam "tipping over." The island basically sits on the point of a volcano. Supposedly, it's not terribly stable, and a big enough earthquake could snap the point, and the whole island goes bye bye under the waves. I'm not sure I'd be placing bets on that.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    when I was there in the Navy back in 2003, we had a brief about scuba diving because the entire underside of the island is basically a coral reef and it's close enough to the surface to get swept under there. don't know about the rest of the story, but figured I would share

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I was just getting ready to post this. The really sad part is this jacka%^ represents the people of Georgia. We have people in Congress making decisions that affect all Americans, that couldn't even make it out of the third grade. :xmad:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Do ya think this guy is best & brightest they could find in his district to represent the uh, um, uh, um......peoples?

Unbelievable the stupidity that is running (ruining) our country.

Mind you not that he thinks Guam might tip over, but the reason he thinks Guam might tip over, TOO MANT PEOPLE ON ONE SIDE OF THE ISLAND!
    OMG!
    Oh yeah, and maybe the fact he can't even put an intelligent sentence together!

We are truly screwed!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    "Do you know how many square miles that is?"

Hmmm, let's see. I'll take a shot at that one: 168 to 288?

That was tough.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Better idea how about we get all the politicians out there on Guam and get them on one side of the island and just blow it up and say it tipped over! sounds like a plan to me! :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Give me a thousand drilling machines (submersible and powerful enough to tunnel) and a few thousand rockets, I'll tip 'er over for ya! :D (files idea next to scam to bilk the government of millions researching the Higgs Boson :D ).

The government is cracking up big time. Older folks that have no reason to be there (too old to comprehend what they are doing), crazies and extremists filling the ranks. France had this issue in their government right before the germans invaded part 2. They could not get their military to action (and actually have a chance to repel the Germans) due to infighting in their government due to radicalism and foolishness. Heck, the Maginot Line was a grand example of that: No one could agree, so they just "sort of made it". No wonder it failed... Wonder how much longer until we fail...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    greetingsfromguam.jpg

Top Bottom