• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    After thousands and thousands of faithful rounds down the barrel, this weekend the barrel bushing cracked in half and the bottom half flew out taking the guide rod spring and the spring cap with it...never to be seen again!

Guess I'll be using that 800 number from GSG to track down replacement parts!

IMG_0570_zps2ce4e78d.jpg

IMG_0573_zps44b4c977.jpg

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Absolutely amazing!
    I have a Chiappa 22lr pistol, and the barrel bushing broke in exactly the same place as yours on your GSG.
    The only difference with me, is my Chiappa took much work on my part, to get thousands of rounds through it.
    I will say this for Chiappa. Their CS people were very helpful and friendly, in getting me my new part.
    $19.00 to my front door for the bushing only.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    my Chiappa took much work on my part, to get thousands of rounds through it.

I never had a moment of trouble with it up to that event. In excess of 14k is our closest guess, taking into account the number of bulk packs I've purchased, not counting stuff other people bought/shot through it, nor the times I've loaned it out to safety classes. I should have probably kept count... just to see.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    you are lucky enough to have a GSG with the original cast barrel bushing. These have been replaced with steel bushings after the 1st gens were found to have this issue. CS will replace the bushing and all lost pieces at no cost to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a P-12 Para do this after several thousand rounds of .45 ACP and a lot of +p in that mix. I could not find the parts either.

It has already been mentioned but GSG may make good on this.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    ATI says parts will be in the mail in five days.
    Except for the spring plug (cap)...it's on back-order.
    I tried a few others in it, just to see if I could switch them around... nope.
    Not the bushings either. I don't know who started the rumor that all the parts were 80% interchangeable...but in layman's terms; "they ain't."

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    ATI says parts will be in the mail in five days.
    Except for the spring plug (cap)...it's on back-order.
    I tried a few others in it, just to see if I could switch them around... nope.
    Not the bushings either. I don't know who started the rumor that all the parts were 80% interchangeable...but in layman's terms; "they ain't."

"80% interchangeable" means that parts ALMOST fit.

Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    I have the barrel bushing,spring plunger,guide rod and spring,mainspring housing from cw accesories and a custom matched barrel alignment cone from ZRT... Both really good companies and very easy to deal with. Check them out.... Don't go with GSG replacement parts... There are much better parts out there!

Top Bottom