• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks. I have been researching this a bit since being told I was ignorant. Indirectly but still told none the less. I find out since my ignorant post that this was older steel with the coating you mention. It has been traded with a warning.
    We do not run steel in our guns for this very reason. It is a personal choice.

If I post something that is not correct please just say so and I/we will all learn something which is one of the positive reasons for this forum. I am anything but ignorant. Silly, at times. Ignorant, no.

Again, thanks. This is how we learn.

Ignorant | What is the Definition of Ignorant? | Dictionary.com

ignorant  
    Use Ignorant in a sentence Origin
    ig·no·rant   [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
    adjective
    lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    uninformed; unaware.
    due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Once again, the lacquer coating on the old Wolf steel case or the Brown Bear, Tula, or what ever brand......does not melt. I have no idea what you may have cleaned out of the chamber, but it was not melted lacquer coating from the steel case.

Being ignorant is only a bad thing if you choose to remain so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ignorant | What is the Definition of Ignorant? | Dictionary.com

ignorant  
    Use Ignorant in a sentence Origin
    ig·no·rant   [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
    adjective
    lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    uninformed; unaware.
    due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Once again, the lacquer coating on the old Wolf steel case or the Brown Bear, Tula, or what ever brand......does not melt. I have no idea what you may have cleaned out of the chamber, but it was not melted lacquer coating from the steel case.

Being ignorant is only a bad thing if you choose to remain so.

Agree to a point. My ignorance of steel ammo is noted. No idea what was in the chamber either but it was a bear to get out. All I could think of was the coating on the steel casing. As stated we do not run the steel in our AR's.

This is how we learn.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've read so many arguments for/against steel ammo, I thought I just HAD to give it a try.. and I have a decent amount left, so I'm going to keep on trying it. I just found it really strange that it runs no problem with metal USGI mags, but is a heap of trouble with a PMAG..

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    ok, how do you make 2 posts vanish, but if I click to edit mine, it is still there, and if I click quote on the other it is still there ?

ETA
    hmmmmm......now they are back. WIERD :):

Last edited:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I have been thinking about this for a long time. You might think I am nuts or weird.

But......

The Russkies do not field any military rifle in .223.

Why have they graciously built production lines to produce steel cased ammo in .223 for foreign export? To supply cheap .223 ammo that doesn't work in US made Ar-15 rifles? At least for very long....

Since they are commies, the profit motive does not exist. Seems like, if you supplied your enemy with crap ammo, the victory is already won....

Why are they flooding our market with cheap crap ammo? Why do you continue to buy it?

Just a thought.

Oh dear Lord:ugh:

Top Bottom