• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Blue, I won't make you take a Jennings :puke: or Hi Point :n00b: ... I have a Phoenix .25, high quality all the way! Just gotta come get it.

/semi-serious

Sorry bout your luck, worst car breakin I had was an Alpine stereo, two dozen CDs, and a bag with college text books in it. Hope you get your guns back.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just sent you a pm. I have a small gun shop across the river in Clarksville and if you give me a description I will watch for them if they come in. I know it sounds weird but many guns stolen in Louisville end up trying to be sold in Indiana. That is ofcourse, unless the perps alreay have buyers.

Rick

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I just sent you a pm. I have a small gun shop across the river in Clarksville and if you give me a description I will watch for them if they come in. I know it sounds weird but many guns stolen in Louisville end up trying to be sold in Indiana. That is ofcourse, unless the perps alreay have buyers.

Rick

PM'd you earlier today. I've been in your shop a few times. My hope is that it's some junkie just looking for cash for a score, and that he'll drop them at the nearest pawn shop next time his cash gets low.

As for where I was parked, it was right downtown, about a block point five from 4th Street Live.

pete-phil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    vincennes
    a disgusting looking blanket or old newspapers kept in the car to cover personal items usually works you know "out of sight out of mind" thing the trunk is better though.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    First, sorry to hear about your loss. That sucks in multiple ways! :xmad:

I looked through the thread quickly, but didn't see any info on the stolen items. You might want to post the Makes, models and serials so we can keep an eye out for them.

BTW, I know I'm late, but Happy Birthday!

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    For those who store in trunk, you might want to lock the driver release lever with the master ignition key if you have the option. My car has the option to lock it so if you valet the car they can't open your trunk without breaking in. You have the master key so you can always unlock the lever or push the trunk open button on the key remote.

It is a shame you can't carry them in with you. It would be nice if someone made a business out of high quality safes for vehicles.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    a disgusting looking blanket or old newspapers kept in the car to cover personal items usually works you know "out of sight out of mind" thing the trunk is better though.
    Just keep looking for old posts to bump up to the top to keep your quest to 50 inconspicuous.
    That Sucks man.
    At least somebody else bumped it so you can make a similarly less-than-helpful reply :).

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I NEED some QUALITY posts...

Just keep looking for old posts to bump up to the top to keep your quest to 50 inconspicuous.
    At least somebody else bumped it so you can make a similarly less-than-helpful reply :).

Hay-come on Man--I'm still trying to get my 50 QUALITY posts....Bill.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    a buddy of mine had his truck broken into a couple years ago in bloomington, had his taurus 1911 taken from under his seat (should have had it with him or in a lock box), since then i try not to ever leave any of my guns in my truck, it sucks knowing that some ******* has your pistol

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I know how you feel. We had our home broken into last June and the idiot got away with my step-father's Ruger .22 that he left me when he died. The bad thing is that I know who it was that broke in, the cops know who he is, but nobody can find him. Warrants out for his arrest in Indiana and Kentucky. It makes me sick that he probably sold my gun for drugs and that some loser probably has my gun.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    a buddy of mine had his truck broken into a couple years ago in bloomington, had his taurus 1911 taken from under his seat (should have had it with him or in a lock box), since then i try not to ever leave any of my guns in my truck, it sucks knowing that some ******* has your pistol
    One thing to keep in mind is that if they find the lock box and have the tools/means to remove it - they will.

The lock box does not keep the gun any more safe than simply keeping it out of sight if it's not properly secured and, even then, the average crowbar or tire iron can open one of these 'lock boxes' pretty easily even if it were attached to the vehicle.

At the end of the day all a lock is going to do, is keep an honest person out. The thief that already busted your window isn't going to not take the firearm simply because it's in a flimsy metal box.

Just food for thought.

Top Bottom