Grrr... can't find anybody to go 'yote hunting with me...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You started out the original topic with a snot-nosed tone about nobody taking you hunting, and now you’re shouting out commands on a multi-man/multi-coyote night-raid killing mission. The comedic value of this thread was worth the cost of admission.
    Please, spare me; I'm done with your BS posts. Please tell me where the snot-nosed tone was in my original post. I mentioned that friends (that I've previously hunted with) didn't or weren't able to go hunting while I was home and then said I was just venting my frustrations... how is that being snot-nosed about nobody wanting to take me hunting with them? I didn't ask anybody to take me with them, as a matter of fact, it's my property and my family's property, nearly 1000 acres of it. I just wanted a night out in the field with some old friends that I only get to see once or twice a year.

I don't debate at all that you do a lot of predator hunting. But your comment specifically regarding not being able to see upwind and/or downwind of a setup clearly shows you don't hunt much open ground yet you came trotting into this thread just FULL OF KNOWLEDGE on hunting coyotes on open ground... Really, go drive around northern Indiana for a while and tell me about hunting open ground. The specific area I have access to hunt up there is literally all open ground. There are a few small patches of trees here and there, but typically less than 5 acres wooded land per sq mile (640 acres) in most cases. If you choose to make your stand right in the middle of those trees so you can't see anything around you that's your perogative. But I prefer to do it out in the open and I've had plenty of success doing it out in the open. And yet you claim I know nothing and I'm using the "my way works for me" as a smoke-screen...

Please enlighten me, if it works great for me, and the terrain I hunt in Northern IN, then how is it a "smokescreen"?

I didn’t come here to debate how to kill coyotes with you, or solve the problems of your personal relationships; I simply shined a little light on why predator calling is so unique and largely unsuccessful despite its growing popularity.
    Interesting take the the situation. If you didn't come here to solve my personal relationship problems then why did you jump right in with personal insults? I came here to vent, you attacked my character and hunting style in a very arrogant way.

Also, keep your huge pile of coyotes you kill around Bedford this weekend, I'm sure with your great success you will have so much that your fur-buyer will give you a great discount on skinning them out for you.

FWIW, I would trust what INGO member "Lonnie" says on coyote hunting long before I trusted you based upon his tone and writing style alone. You post arrogantly as you do and it kills all of your credibility. I don't need any "credibility" on INGO; I'm confident in my abilities and reaffirmed by my success. You seem to need to establish your credibility yet; you're working very hard at it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^ This guy needs to teach us how to speak yote.

Yotes are mysterious to me, I have a mouth call I've never had luck with, tried an e-call, no luck there. I know they're around, I hear em, see em when i'm not calling them, just can't get em to come visit when i want them to.

Yotes are very smart and attentive. If they are aware of you, you will be very lonely. If you are down wind, quit and patient, you may have some luck. Do not stomp into the woods and set up. Be silent and careful. You are in their world. They are aware.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I'm staying out of the arguments. LOL!

I will say that I have been seriously considering the purchase of a PVS-14 for quite some time. My question is: Do you guys have any problems with using nightvision devices alongside the constantly-burning light required by law when pursuing furbearers at night?

Anyone who hunted the predator challenge this weekend signed up for it less than a half mile from my home. :)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm staying out of the arguments. LOL!

I will say that I have been seriously considering the purchase of a PVS-14 for quite some time. My question is: Do you guys have any problems with using nightvision devices alongside the constantly-burning light required by law when pursuing furbearers at night?

Anyone who hunted the predator challenge this weekend signed up for it less than a half mile from my home. :)
    Yes and no...

#1 it depends on your terrain again. I'm sure Jason Bruce will tell you it doesn't matter that all scenarios are the same and terrain doesn't make a difference but I will happily disagree. If you're in open terrain where the light doesn't have much to "bounce back from" and you located the light behind you then it's really not a problem with auto-gated stuff. If you're in brush etc you will get "splash-back" off the brush. Depending how well that brush is reflecting light and how bright your light is you may get some pretty nasty "bloom" off the brush.
    #2 It's going to depend on the light and where it's located in relation to your viewing direction.

As long as you take it into consideration and know how to negate the effects you won't have too many problems; it is an inconvenience though.

Top Bottom