• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    like other, i would be interested in some 45 and 5.56, maybe even 40, and 9 if that were arranged. i'm in indianapolis obviously more details will be needed to be worked out. but how far from indy are you? is there anyone else from indy considering this if it works out?

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Remember, to be considered a 'group buy' - no one including the initiator makes any money. Otherwise it's just a sale.

Do you think you will make any money on your "group Hazmat buy" in this thread, or is it just a sale?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ding/167966-hazmat_buy_for_the_swap_meet.html

1st paragragh, quote:

I'll be placing a group Hazmat buy for powder, bullets and primers on Tuesday, available for pickup at the Swap Meet, Sept 17th in Greenfield.

All powder prices will be the same as Midway USA, no tax and no Hazmat fees. Payment via cash, check or credit card is necessary at the time of order placement. /quote

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Ion,

No. I'm covering the hazmat fees (at least $25), shipping (at least $30), tax (applicable), delivery fees ($$ cost for me to drive my Dodge Ram at 12 MPH to the event), and any additional costs.

That means I'm not making any money.

I'm doing this as a favor to anyone that wants to come to the Swap Meet. Any other concerns should be addressed to me in PM's, not on this thread.

Last edited:

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Ion,

No. I'm covering the hazmat fees (at least $25), shipping (at least $30), tax (applicable), delivery fees ($$ cost for me to drive my Dodge Ram at 12 MPH to the event), and any additional costs.

That means I'm not making any money.

I'm doing this as a favor to anyone that wants to come to the Swap Meet. Any other concerns should be addressed to me in PM's, not on this thread.

Your PM replied to...please feel free to post it for everyone's benefit.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    why, because you don't want the answers to the questions to your statement that folks might have in their heads to be viewable to everybody, or because it's just as off topic as you were in post 12?

Rule #2 of a group buy under the FAQ: 2. -- Only actual Group Buy threads will be permitted. No "feeler" threads. If you want to host a GB, do it. Don't ask how many would be interested etc...

If anyone 'wants the answers to the questions to my statements', please ask. But the FAQ is in place to guide people through group buys, the etiquette involved, and the stipulations associated with them.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Rule #2 of a group buy under the FAQ: 2. -- Only actual Group Buy threads will be permitted. No "feeler" threads. If you want to host a GB, do it. Don't ask how many would be interested etc...

I'm not understanding. How can you set up a group buy ( particularly for odd ball stuff) without first asking if anyone else is interested? Or is that rule intended only for the group buy section?

alliclaytor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Northside
    Id love a sweet deal on 1k speer gold jhps or other good defensive round in 45, or a deal on 5.56. My suggestion is just pick 1 or 2 options that you would like and give us the opportunity to get it..too many choices and you will get too may opinions.

Top Bottom