• ...and so much more!
  • adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I've been having great success this year on the family farm. Anyone else having luck?

Using a Romanian M69 .22lr, Remington Subsonics. Anywhere from 5-75 yards. Subsonics keep the cows from getting spooked.

Pics below, all juveniles. Trying to keep them from spreading. Adults are a bit more...challenging...to find during the short amount of time I'm out there.

1_zps6ae0884b.jpg

2_zpsf3fd7ed7.jpg

3_zpse83167b2.jpg

4_zps446dcf40.jpg

5_zpsaacffcd6.jpg

cedarthicket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Very nice. Don't know if you have tried them or not, but young groundhogs make excellent wild game table fare. When they are that young they are easy to skin and clean. If you like fried rabbit or squirrel you would probably love fried young groundhogs.

So, while minimizing farm damage and having fun hunting, you can "have your cake and eat it too," as the old saying goes.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Very nice. Don't know if you have tried them or not, but young groundhogs make excellent wild game table fare. When they are that young they are easy to skin and clean. If you like fried rabbit or squirrel you would probably love fried young groundhogs.

So, while minimizing farm damage and having fun hunting, you can "have your cake and eat it too," as the old saying goes.

I have not tried it. We usually bury them as we have coyote problems as well. I'll need to find a braver soul than I to cook it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have not tried it. We usually bury them as we have coyote problems as well. I'll need to find a braver soul than I to cook it.

I got a juvenile last week. A friend knew I was hunting them and requested any juveniles I got. They had it the next evening, said it was delicious. I'm not that hungry yet.

Top Bottom