• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    why? only a block away from police station. they havent shown up yet.

That's cool ... when I said, "us," I really meant "rhino."

I know my neighbors on one side wouldn't mind, but the rest are questionable.

Once I get the supressor, I just need a ghillie suit that looks exactly like the roof on our house. And maybe a really sturdy ladder.

Shootin' down at them (in my situation) would be a lot safer than being on the same level or shooting upward. Plus it offers me more personal safety in case one of those big bull 'chucks decides to mount a charge.

Which reminds me of the time I saved the brother of soundslikejosh and probably the world in general from being overrun by killer mutant cannibal zombie groundhogs. From space.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    hogs

Once I get the supressor, I just need a ghillie suit that looks exactly like the roof on our house. And maybe a really sturdy ladder.

Shootin' down at them (in my situation) would be a lot safer than being on the same level or shooting upward. Plus it offers me more personal safety in case one of those big bull 'chucks decides to mount a charge.

Which reminds me of the time I saved the brother of soundslikejosh and probably the world in general from being overrun by killer mutant cannibal zombie groundhogs. From space.
    if you need backup buddy just say the word well be there

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Never seen one in a tree, but I have shot them off of fence posts and old logs. Regardless of what some people will say a .22 LR works just fine.

Never tried eating one. Heard they were greasy.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I got one with a pellet rifle once, but he was trapped between a fence and some underbrush, or vines, something. I was about 20 feet, and got him in the top O' the head. It worked. Don't think It would be very dependable, though.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Okay ... a whistle pig in a tree is telling me we all need decent quality air rifles.

On the other hand, is an air rifle enough gun for one of those bruisers? Some of the big ones have to be 30 pounds or more. They make a big house cat look like a kitten.

I don't know if an air rifle would do it,, however I have heard that they are hemophiliacs or wtfe and if you can make them bleed they will bleed to death and the others will smell the blood and leave... any truth to this anyone know?
    Thats what this guy told me, they were under my shed, he said to take a 4 ft. florescent bulb and smash in in their hole, he said they would walk on it cut their feet up bleed to death and any left would leave....????I just shoot'm with the bow like I said but...

air rifles dont quite do the job. :wallbash: Tried to shoot em with one before and all it does is make em run squealin.

Sorry guys but I have a ten bump Sheiradan .20 cal air rifle and have shot and killed full grown ground hogs with it, Shoot them in the head and it will pass clean thru their head at about 10 yards.

Last edited:

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    Whistle pigs!

We cannot get that close to them. I think if we were able to get that close to them with an air rifle we could probably kill them. But we could also kill them with a shovel at ten yards too........

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    We cannot get that close to them. I think if we were able to get that close to them with an air rifle we could probably kill them. But we could also kill them with a shovel at ten yards too........

Well at about 25 yards it will go threw pole barn metal (don't ask how I know that) ;)

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Aguila 22 Super Colibri and my single-shot Stevens is quite a combination. I use it to regularly kill rabbits and it is just as good as a suppressor! Thru both sides of fairly large rabbits rib cage at out to 50yds and all you hear is the cocking piece drop and the impact.:D

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

I envision the seen from the KLUMPS where that dude is getting ass raped by the giant hamster.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I envision the seen from the KLUMPS where that dude is getting ass raped by the giant hamster.

Well I am sure you can imagine that my brother was exceptionally grateful that the fine pachyderm saved him from imminent.... pain. As Rhino pointed out, there is no way of knowing whether or not this ground hog was just a scout for the whole army, waiting to report on our lack of defenses. The whole human race is now safer, as the hogs have seen our (rhino's) fury.

Last edited:

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Got one with my 330xi

Got me one! Didn't want to waste any ammo so I just sped up a little going down the street yesterday. I guess he misjudged my speed!:)
    So don't bother looking for a 330xi in your gun encyclopedias, it's the model of my car.
    GroundGroundSquirrel.JPG

Top Bottom