• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    They had to file it to get it off, that's how short the rear is now, and crazy loctited it was.

You are basically calling the new shop a pile of **** for cleaning up someone else's pile of ****. So yeah, maybe let that go?

You haven't been shy about naming names up until now, what's stopping you now?

Here's a suggestion:

IMG_0408.jpg

Modify the least expensive part - the wrench.

25 seconds on the bench grinder, quenched twice and touched up on the belt sander.

IMG_0409.jpg

Otherwise, I'd have applied a little heat to release the Loctite before going at your $450 muzzle brake with a file. Even then, I'd have set it up on the mill and cut longer flats.

But hey, that's just me.

Mat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Not really. I mean, what's your goal, here? Are you trying to destroy his business or are you trying to recoup your loss? If the former, then it's starting to smack of "personal vendetta" just because it's been going on for two weeks. If the latter, complaining here isn't going to make any difference.

I think it's safe to say you've given your warning about his shop.

Fully agreed, I've given my warnings hehe. My continued participation even after I removed anything that could be called 'not nice' a couple weeks ago was brought on by a post that was trying to back up what I considered questionable credentials, plus I've been getting emails asking me to leave the thread up and not just on this site. As crazy as it sounds, quite a few people wanted to know where they might catch some grief and why. I encourage anyone that reads it to take it with a grain of salt, it's just my experience with his shop (and from what it looks like, several others people's too :dunno:). I intertwined some sarcasm, but the core account of what I wrote happened I consider very accurate to my perspective.

Destroy his business? No way... but I might have said some really ****ty things when it was still fresh though. Hopefully he'll shape up too. You can't get good if you don't fail, he should be amazing someday ;)

Like Josh said, this section is 'The Good, Bad & Ugly'... it's obvious which one this is :)

Last edited:

Mat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    You haven't been shy about naming names up until now, what's stopping you now?

Come on now, I think you've topped even my level of childishness :)

The reason: Higher level of respect, higher profile, oh yeah... and he offered to help. Why would I drag more people into this pit? hehe

A couple weeks ago you said... "I find your approach exceptionally lame and your narrative of the event lacking." I agree with the first half, but now that I provided more detail to the lacking narrative, you disapprove even further.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok, I think this thread has served its purpose. Continuing the discussion is not productive and too many of the posts are being constantly edited, which is ruining the flow anyway.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom