• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mjmcg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Hello. I just got around to logging back in to see the PM that prompted new members to come here.
    I'm a 42 year old retired CO for both NY state and VT where while serving as an officer I was a WTO candidate, post order developer and had trained with the CERT teams as well as wrote and established an introductory firearms course. I am a lifelong firearms enthusiast and political activist having lobbied members of the NYS House of Rep's and sitting in on legislative debate sessions.
    While I thank and appreciate the praise from those who read my first post, I would like to express my deep concern for those reading the responses from a one "007." I don't mean to become confrontational in any way, however I will express my opinion that his offerings in writing, while may reflect his own stand, they do also represent a very demeaning and combative point as they do not elevate anyone's perception of firearm ownership or use. In fact I will go so far to say that in lending any weight to anything that fellow has to say misleads, misrepresents and quite frankly gives off a p*** poor representation of the rest of us. If attacking one's personal and professional background without cause or due knowledge of the individual is a commendable trait, then praise on. However, I lend myself more to the objective offering of factual and practical information that stands to offer help and support for those looking for legitimate firearms information. I feel that to do anything less is to perform a grave disservice to the general public. Firearm owners, especially those with handguns already face enough negativity from the press and public in general. They really don't need to have it face them from the so called "good guys" too.
    As a citizen of NYS (however unfortunate that may be) anyone with an ounce of common sense about him would realize that in order to possess certain rights / privileges in this state comes at great cost and effort. I'm not in any way condoning the establishment of our laws here in this state, however when you take into consideration the elements necessary to posses and become licensed here whether it be for public duty or private purposes, one has to consider that not just any Joe off the streets will qualify. I have gone to great lengths to ensure that my education, experience and training will continue to allow me to speak with authority on matter of firearms interest. I can not count the number of hours nor dollars spent to ensure that when I speak on topics of safety and responsibility I am speaking from a well founded background based on many founded professional's teachings and experience, not just my own horn blowing.
    I only hope that when I do post the words I post are taken for the sincere gesture of seeing that ALL firearms owners, both new and old alike can in some way forage a piece of useful information from them.
    Thanks!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Welcome to INGO. You sir have won the "Longest Intro Award". Seriously thanks for a proper introduction.

mjmcg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for the note. I'm enjoying reading the threads in here very much.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Welcome to INGO, Glad your here, Allot of great people here, and sorry to say a few trolls also, don't let the trolls set the pace for how every one else is in here.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    welcomeingo.gif
    Welcome to the best gun forum on the net. I'm looking forward to reading more posts of yours. This is a great forum with a lot of great people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom