• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Even with it being the holiday season a posting at the Indy Star site is getting the Greenfield PD some unneeded national exposure. Apparently, some of their officers are in need of remedial training.
    via Carlos Miller

You can click through to the full forum posting for the entire story. It hasn't made the local news yet, but it is a holiday weekend.

Hey that's me! :D Weird. Not used to being written about.

@Don. No that wasn't her. The female cop I saw was shorter and thinner. (BTW nice 91/30s you got there)

And no, I wasn't doing this for attention. I was doing it out of concern for my neighbor. I never contacted any newspeople about it. I just posted about the incident on Indystar. It bothers me that some people automatically think I'm trying to get my fifteen minutes. I just want people to know the kind of stuff cops are trying to pull.

Last edited:

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Hey that's me! :D Weird. Not used to being written about.

@Don. No that wasn't her. The female cop I saw was shorter and thinner. (BTW nice 91/30s you got there)

And no, I wasn't doing this for attention. I was doing it out of concern for my neighbor. I never contacted any newspeople about it. I just posted about the incident on Indystar. It bothers me that some people automatically think I'm trying to get my fifteen minutes. I just want people to know the kind of stuff cops are trying to pull.
    Its a m91 and m91/30 ;) and ty.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If the officer came onto your property to ask for your camera as evidence, they would not be commiting tresspass under Indiana law.
    Quote:
    IC 35-43-2-2
    Criminal trespass; denial of entry; permission to enter; exceptions
    (f) Subsections (a), (b), and (e) do not apply to the following:
    (3) A law enforcement officer, firefighter, or emergency response personnel while engaged in the performance of official duties.

Ahh, but committing an illegal act is not "engaging in the performance of official duties."

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    If this really happened (which it probably did), it has Jack Booted Thuggery written all over it.

The guy who was video taping was a person of attention to the local pd however it does not justify intimidation or illegal acts of trespass by the PD.

Video taping on ones own property is not illegal. They PD might not have liked it but it does not give justification to go on a power trip.

Judging by the photos posted I see very young LE's...in any profession the young sometimes are a bit mis-guided yet motivated and sometimes slip up even though they think their intentions might be good or legal.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Ahh, but committing an illegal act is not "engaging in the performance of official duties."

Yes, but that does not just give a green light to brake down anyones door or invade anyones property as they please.

Have you heard of the 4th amendment in the U.S. Constitution?

Last edited:

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    If this really happened (which it probably did), it has Jack Booted Thuggery written all over it.

The guy who was video taping was a person of attention to the local pd however it does not justify intimidation or illegal acts of trespass by the PD.

Video taping on ones own property is not illegal. They PD might not have liked it but it does not give justification to go on a power trip.

Judging by the photos posted I see very young LE's...in any profession the young sometimes are a bit mis-guided yet motivated and sometimes slip up even though they think their intentions might be good or legal.

Exactly what he said:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

It's ironic, however, that ignorance of the law is not an excuse if you unknowingly cross a legal line, but if citizens' rights are infringed because an LEO doesn't know the law, we're supposed to be understanding. Perhaps in daily practice, however, LEOs take a citizen's ignorance of the law into account when they enforce the law. LEOs?

Top Bottom