• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Police still hunting for armed suspects.

Manhunt Under Way After Shots Fired At Deputy - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

GREENCASTLE, Ind. -- Greencastle Schools were closed Tuesday as authorities searched for two men after shots were fired at a deputy. Several people called 911 just before 2 a.m. to report hearing four to six gunshots fired from what sounded like a high-powered rifle in the area of Columbia Street, West Walnut Street and Rockville Road, said Greencastle Police Chief Tom Sutherlin.

A few minutes later, Reserve Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Mike Biggs said he attempted to stop a vehicle matching the description of a car seen speeding from the area. Biggs said a passenger in the car got out of the vehicle at the intersection of Franklin and Durham streets and fired at least two times at his squad car, striking the hood and windshield. Biggs chased the vehicle, but lost the men when they ditched the car near Tzouanakis Intermediate School in the 500 block of Linwood Drive, police said.

Greencastle Schools canceled classes for the day. Authorities were searching for the men with K-9 teams Tuesday morning. Investigators said the vehicle involved was registered to a Lacey Couch out of Putnam County, who police said they have not been able to locate.

Police said the men should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to call Greencastle police at 765-653-2925.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not good... Not good at all.

Perhaps the po-po will catch the perps. (with anywhere from 55 to 180 grains of lead and copper, perhaps?)

-J-

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    schools

Greencastle schools are closed and the other county schools are locked down. South Putnam sent a text alert out this morning after I was already at work. I went and picked up the kids and took them home. Call me paranoid but someone shooting at the cops with Ak's, which is the word on the street, is not a situation I was comfortable with. According to the news the pursuit was for three or four miles and the gun men were not caught. So here I am at home waiting around with little or no word.

I did not particularly enjoy the idea of a school bus with my daughter on it rolling along and looking like a nice juicy hostage opportunity.

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Seems like the school would be the safest place for the kids... I mean, these criminals can't take their guns there.

I sure how they catch these guys. Stay safe.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Black Chevy Cobalt. Shooter was black male with a rifle of some sort reportedly a Ak-47.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Arrests have been made. Great job to the local law enforcement for staying on this can getting the job done.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    I grew up at Columbia St. and Rockville Road (Gillespie St). Wow. Never any action like that in the 80's!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    GC

It was the mean streets of Greencastle this morning.

Hoping to hear more specifics on the news this evening.

Sitting here today hoping for the best but prepared for the worse made me think about the situation.

The info I had this morning at 7:30 was that two gun men with AK-47's were shooting at signs and windows in town and that they shot up a police car, and were fleeing into a wooded area on foot, and that a command center was up and running and the hunt was on.

I went and picked up both kids and came home and gunned up. How many magazines and how much spare ammo do you set out when faced with such a situation?

How many guns do you set out?

How far away do you start shooting people armed with Ak-47's in a situation like this?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well that is real nice. I work Hendricks County and was actually working last night 10p-6a and this is the first I have heard of it. But then of course we have the best dispatch in the world (not really we have the worst). I guess they are two busy sending us to Marion County on runs by mistake-two times last night!!

Well there you have it-busted
    Greencastle Banner-Graphic: Local News: Arrests made in shooting case (04/06/10)

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom