• ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Here is the report from the ATF website:

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

Depending on how you read it, you can come to both conclusions, that ATF has banned the ammo and is just looking for ways to enforce the ban, or that ATF is wanting to ban it but is looking for ways to get it done.

So depending on the lie of the day, M855 is either banned awaiting full implementation or they want to ban it and are awaiting the "how to".

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nope, just read it again, further down in the summary they do say that M855 is bad and must be banned from public use.

The right of the people huh?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is the report from the ATF website:

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

Depending on how you read it, you can come to both conclusions, that ATF has banned the ammo and is just looking for ways to enforce the ban, or that ATF is wanting to ban it but is looking for ways to get it done.

So depending on the lie of the day, M855 is either banned awaiting full implementation or they want to ban it and are awaiting the "how to".
    What I don't get is why would they solicit a response on how to best implement an unpopular ban? Who are they trying to solicit this response from?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    What I don't get is why would they solicit a response on how to best implement an unpopular ban? Who are they trying to solicit this response from?

They're likely just checking the block, it's probably required they do this so they are just going through the motions. It's like when a company opens a job search knowing full well who they want but HR rules dictate they post it and waste everybody's time.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    They've also gotten plenty of " I don't shoot green tip anyway so meh" from AR owners you can be sure.

Ding Ding... winnner! You mean the intellectually lazy ones. 'I don't use green tip so I'm ok'. Yea, keep telling yourself that... As mentioned above, 'public opinion, etc. etc.' This was a done deal. Congress has become/is irrelevant.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Having dealt with other government entities during their "comment periods" I learned some time ago that by the time they are asking for our input the decision has already been made and the bulldozers are already on the move.

Our government has become a farcical illusion of what the founding fathers envisioned and I like to think that when the zombie apocalypse happens it will be lead by those that made our country what it was those many hundred years ago and they will head straight to D.C. for some serious ass kicking.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Did you actually think it would? These people don't care what you think. They want you disarmed.

Thats OK. We will all keep being good little boys and girls and let them do it... Just like we always do...Because we cling to the laws of a government that doesn't follow any itself.

The noose tightens a little more each day. Meanwhile, we keep crying about it on the internet and debating how we can use conventional means and legal paths of protest to combat a determined enemy who is neither conventinal nor legal in its methods.

Top Bottom