• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Detonics,
    I actually looked at the Top Shot application and they were more concerned about a person's athletic skills that their skills at shooting. A lot of good shots who are up there in years or may have a physical handicap or bad knees or apparently were skeet shooters wouldn't qualify to go on this show, even if they are a better shooter. It was a good show but it was a show.

Tim

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I actually hate the show, competition is all about applying your skill to win but is also about camaraderie and that is what you see at the real matches. No doubt that there was skill shooters there but the attitude of some just suck, I will support people that care about the shooting community and exhibit great attitude not some idiot that act like that.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I wish Bob Munden had been a contestant.

A lot of trick shooters from the hay day of trick shooting back in the 50s/60s would have been great to see competing in a competition of straight out shooting. That older guy Hickock45 from youtube was hitting an 18 plate at 230 yards with a Glock 23 but I don't know that he has the joints or the inkling (probably the latter) to run up a hill before shooting. Age and experience weren't too respected on that show - no gray hair anywhere to be found.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    There are many different types of shooters out there, and to call somebody the best makes no sense. The best pistol shooter may suck with a rifle, and the best long range shooter might not hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol. There are long range shooters, quick draw shooters, mounted cowboy action shooters, the list goes on and on. He was the best on Top Shot or whatever the show is called, but I'd like to see him score first round hits at a mile plus, or quick draw faster than Bob Munden. Is he capable? Yes. Is he the best? No.

And remember kids, the best shooter is the one that comes home at the end of the day, with his game or his life, depending on circumstances.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    There are many different types of shooters out there, and to call somebody the best makes no sense. The best pistol shooter may suck with a rifle, and the best long range shooter might not hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol. There are long range shooters, quick draw shooters, mounted cowboy action shooters, the list goes on and on. He was the best on Top Shot or whatever the show is called, but I'd like to see him score first round hits at a mile plus, or quick draw faster than Bob Munden. Is he capable? Yes. Is he the best? No.

And remember kids, the best shooter is the one that comes home at the end of the day, with his game or his life, depending on circumstances.

I have a friend who is a former marine who can make you a smiley face @ 50-100 yards no matter what rifle you hand him (once he get's dialed in) but has strings of fire @ 7 yards with a glock where some shots don't even make it on the paper.

True story.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Iain Harrison, the greatest shot in the world, of Top Shot fame was recently at Gunsite. You can view his winning gun skills on the Scrambler here:

Iain Harrison at Gunsite Gun Nuts Media

Don't be ridiculous.

Any one who knows any thing at all about guns and TV knows Gene Autry was the best shot there ever was or ever will be on television.

You Brits crack me up. That's the funniest thing I've read since English Bob was runn'n his mouth and wound up stomped and tossed in the Big Whiskey drunk tank. Do we need Little Bill to stomp a some truth out of this dime novel Brit's memoires?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You Brits crack me up. That's the funniest thing I've read since English Bob was runn'n his mouth and wound up stomped and tossed in the Big Whiskey drunk tank. Do we need Little Bill to stomp a some truth out of this dime novel Brit's memoires?

You do know that Unforgiven was a movie, fiction, and the fact that one Brit defeated 300 million Americans is reality?

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Its funny but when I watched Top Shot I don't remember there being 300 million competitors on the show. I must have missed the first few million episodes when all those others got eliminated.

Top Bottom