• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Here, this should make you feel a little smarter...

Guys, what exactly would you use this light for? Is this something my hubby can't live without?

I not sure... Maybe light! But it seriously gets really dark outside. Ok OK Ill just say it..... ITS JUST COOL!...lol

Carfull not to shine this in your eyes you will seriously see stars for a good period of time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You use this for varmint hunting at night or what?

Think "house gun". A pistol-mounted light gives you the ability to ID your target in a low- or no-light environment, while still leaving your support hand free to do other things like dial 911, open/close a door, grab the kid, fend off an attack, etc.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    That was helpful.

Seriously. You use this for varmint hunting at night or what?

This sounds like one of the arguments for the AWB.
    :rolleyes:
    I use my light on my semi-automatic tactical rifle that resembles a military assault weapon. Its purpose is to illuminate the darkness so I may better defend my home and family from a possibly armed intruder.
    A tactical light can serve to protect life on both sides of a firearm. (great intimidation factor) was this politically correct enough?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    That was helpful.

Seriously. You use this for varmint hunting at night or what?

You can use it for your house gun. Also, if you live in the country, mounted to your gun you use to go after that coon, possum or whatever is after your chickens, rabbits or trash cans at night.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    OK I see the use for a weapons light.

I'm just wondering how durable these are. Does anyone own one that has actually shot the weapon with the light attached? I'm especially curious about how well one of these lights would hold up on a hand gun.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    OK I see the use for a weapons light.

I'm just wondering how durable these are. Does anyone own one that has actually shot the weapon with the light attached? I'm especially curious about how well one of these lights would hold up on a hand gun.

I have three of these lights.

1) I have one mounted on a G17, it was previously mounted on a G34 and was fired over 1000rds with the light attached.

2) I have another mounted on my back up G17, about 500rds thru this combo.

3) The last is mounted to my SBR, shown earlier in this thread, at least 1000rds thru that combo.

Again, this light is an EXCELLENT light and well worth 2-3 times the asking price.

eta: I know several folks that have this light mounted on shotguns, none have had any issues. In fact I plan on putting one of these on my Saiga 12 in the near future.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have three of these lights.

1) I have one mounted on a G17, it was previously mounted on a G34 and was fired over 1000rds with the light attached.

2) I have another mounted on my back up G17, about 500rds thru this combo.

3) The last is mounted to my SBR, shown earlier in this thread, at least 1000rds thru that combo.

Again, this light is an EXCELLENT light and well worth 2-3 times the asking price.

eta: I know several folks that have this light mounted on shotguns, none have had any issues. In fact I plan on putting one of these on my Saiga 12 in the near future.

You have convinced me. I just had no experience with weapon lights. Now I feel confident in purchasing one.

Thanks for the quick feedback

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You have convinced me. I just had no experience with weapon lights. Now I feel confident in purchasing one.

Thanks for the quick feedback

Also keep in mind that these lights are designed SPECIFICALLY to mount directly to various weapons. They have shock-isolated bezels and other technology that keeps 'em going even with rough recoil. The inherent unbreakability of LEDs was a sure step in the right direction too.

This is not like taking your mini maglite and duct-taping it to your shotgun barrel. :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would if said BMW couldn't get me to work reliably each and every day. Or if I had a tough time finding "parts" for it. :D

:stickpoke:

Well now,
    I always felt good about carrying my 100% reliable Glock G22 but now I actually feel a bit of pride using a Glock as my everyday carry weapon.
    icon6.gif

Top Bottom