-J-

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK, folks.

We've won a good battle. But it's just a little one. A very key one as long as Senator Brown holds good to his word.

But, even if we sweep all of the 2010 Senate races with some form of conservative or libertarian who wants to undo all of the progressive/federalist crap of the last 150 years, we still have to face a Presidential VETO.

To over ride that, we'll still be 6 votes short in the Senate of over-riding such a veto. Obama is a hard line Progressive. He will veto everything that undoes anything progressive. I don't see how "making deals" will get anything of real substance accomplished.

I believe that the best we can do in 2010 is find candidates who are FIGHTERS rather deal makers. We need candidates willing to stand up and call out the shenanigans of BOTH parties.

Please don't pay attention to the R or the D behind the candidates names this year. Look at who they are, and what they are willing to do. The worst mistake we can make is sending more up-and-coming party candidates to the Congress.

Consider wisely in 2010. We're still fighting a holding action until 2012. The only way to get any of this Progressive/Federalist crap overturned is to take both houses and the Oval Office - or to have a 2/3rds majority in both houses - and that is not possible in 2010.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I danced a little jig and had a glass of scotch in Teddy's memory. It was a wonderful night just to see obama and company get a slap in the face.

And somewhere, Mary Jo is smiling...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    OK, folks.

I believe that the best we can do in 2010 is find candidates who are FIGHTERS rather deal makers. We need candidates willing to stand up and call out the shenanigans of BOTH parties.

Please don't pay attention to the R or the D behind the candidates names this year. Look at who they are, and what they are willing to do. The worst mistake we can make is sending more up-and-coming party candidates to the Congress.

Respectfully, voting for the man rather than the party is politically naive. Most of what gets done happens in committee. The committee majorities and chairman are set by the party in power.

I'm no fan of Republicans. The way our system works is that we must choose the lesser of two evils. Protest votes and third parties are nice in principle, but they lead to situations like the disaster of the last year.

Hold you nose and vote a straight Republican ticket.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Respectfully, voting for the man rather than the party is politically naive. Most of what gets done happens in committee. The committee majorities and chairman are set by the party in power.

I'm no fan of Republicans. The way our system works is that we must choose the lesser of two evils. Protest votes and third parties are nice in principle, but they lead to situations like the disaster of the last year.

In House races, more important is who controls the calendar and decides what comes to the floor and when, which is the Speaker. A minority of independents doesn't matter a d**n when the majority party elects the Speaker. And why anyone would think that because someone calls themselves independent, it makes them better than someone who joins a party is beyond me. It makes no sense.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

What if you don't want Republicans in power?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    RINO's

I don't know much about Brown, but Massachusetts electing a Republican to the senate is like the Red Sox fans rooting for the Yankees...
    :ar15:Lets be careful here, remeber Bloomberg is a Repuplican, and so is that C movie star guy in Califonia! I stll like most of his movies though...
    Yeah let's get rid of Lugar Too the guys been there to long and getting Koolaid poisoning, but I'll take him over any democrat...I think! :dunno:

Last edited:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    What if you don't want Republicans in power?

As if there are actually any more real 'Republican' out there to vote for...

You want a secularist or, hopefully but doubtfully a Libertarian. Problem is, secularist eventually leads to 'statist'... b/c without religion more laws must be put on the books to control a non-moral population... which is what is happening now. What hypocrisy, what contradiction, what foolishness....

Top Bottom