• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Its not over yet the battle has been won the war is still on!!!! I think if this is happening here wait till November!!!! Im excited!!!!

great_scott_400.png

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Oh im as excited as you are im sure, he is this young energetic down to earth guy. For cryin out loud he drive a GM Pickup with over 200,000 miles on it!! Yoo bad its a GM though.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It just got very very dangerous in the world of politics.

Saul Alynski's methodology says now is the time to put the pedal to the metal and ram everything through they can.

Which is whey we've got to elect a new class of fighters from outside both parties in 2010. I suggest that we look for candidates that don't have a history with either party - and are willing to go stand in the gap until we can get them more backup in 2012.

Remember, as long as President Obama sits in the Oval, we need a magic number of 2/3rds. We need majorities of freedom loving non-politicians of at least 2/3rds in both the House and in the Senate to make any change.

Without 2/3rds all we can hope for is stopping the progressives. We won't be able to unravel any of these progressive "hope and changes" until we get progressives out of the White House or until we get our magic 2/3rds numbers!

Scott Brown is a good first step - BUT: I'm waiting to see if his record shapes up more like McCain and Graham :evilangel:(Progressive-lite) republicans - or more like DeMint (Freedom). Time will tell.

But, for now. Celebrate.:bacondance::bacondance:

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I don't know much about Brown, but Massachusetts electing a Republican to the senate is like the Red Sox fans rooting for the Yankees...

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    My wife was born in Mass. I was talking w/FILaw one day and he said you know there has always been a Kennedy in office in Mass but he never met anyone who ever voted for one

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I will agree as others have posted that we will have to "wait & see."

However, it is quite interesting that a long held Democratic seat was taken by the Republicans. I don't live in Massachusetts but it seems to me that Brown may not have won, but rather Coakly lost.

The immediate benefit of this will be to cause Blue Dog Democrats to seriously rethink their political futures in the wake of this upset! They will be torn between supporting their party and seriously reviewing their chances for reelection.

Personally I hope Senator Elect Brown does the best job he can and votes his conscience on the issues. Regrettably, I am cynical enough to think that he is part of an old party machine that will woo him with committee seats and ask only little favors in return. At least, only little in the beginning...

For now however congratulations to him and his team on a job well done! I wish him all the best.

Regards,

Doug

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's a step. I don't know how "conservative" Brown is but being a junior nobody in the Republican caucus, he'll be lucky to get the menial job of toilet bowl cleaner. The conservatives aren't in the positions of power inside the republican party and as such, have no power.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Brown is a RINO who apparently doesn't have a problem with gay marriage or abortion, but that's still better than an Obama backed Liberal.

Mass has had Republican Governors, but this is at least a step in the right direction.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Brown is a RINO who apparently doesn't have a problem with gay marriage or abortion, but that's still better than an Obama backed Liberal.

Mass has had Republican Governors, but this is at least a step in the right direction.

He does OPPOSE same-sex marriage just for the record as taken from boston.com

"Unlike some of his fellow Massachusetts Republicans, he has spoken out forcefully against same-sex marriage, supporting a Constitutional amendment to ban such unions, and he has opposed the repeal of the federal Defense of Marriage Act."

As for the abortion I dont agree with his stance on that, but the things that are at risk of killing America cap and tax and healthcare he will fight.

Top Bottom