• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My point is that Schlichter's point is well taken - regardless of the size or makeup of the various wings of the political movements of this country, the left wing behaves as though they are superior and that the right is worthy of disdain, generally speaking. We are regarded as Unpeople of Jesusland, clinging to our guns and Bibles, needing to be brought into the 21st Century.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read the article you referenced. I was referring to the writer, not you. Are you claiming victimhood now? We can all find silly arguments by wing wackos on either side then label an entire class as holding these views. The world, people and their beliefs, (as Jamil elegantly pointed out elsewhere) are not that simple. I consider myself a liberal-progressive-libertarian with a conservative streak. I don't despise anyone. In this forum I might be considered a despised minority, but i refuse the label because Churchmouse loves (tolerates) me, and now he's a mod.

Individuals are what I referred to. Individual beliefs are a complicated issue, and it IS a matter of belief. I don't agree with the author's implication that social conservatism is not a minority. It is.

However I do agree with the conclusions of that article. You can't deny that the Democratic Party is no longer run by moderate politicians as it has traditionally been for the last 50+ years. It's run by very pragmatic, progressive elitists. You're old enough to have seen that transformation if you paid attention. A guy like Lyndon Johnson would be considered conservative by today's Democrat.

And today's political climate doesn't reflect political parties that recognize people's right to believe. An Indiana resident can only believe that if they've been sleeping through the past week. The left used the Republican mistakes to a huge advantage. And they had to lie about and marginalize a whole state to do it.

Notwithstanding a few inaccurate statements, that article was spot on in its conclusion. I don't mind if you believe things should be different from how I believe. I do mind if you use marginalizing tactics to effectively disenfranchise me from having my rightful say in the matter. That's exactly what's been happening the past 6 years.

And JTScribe is spot on in saying the following:

My point is that Schlichter's point is well taken - regardless of the size or makeup of the various wings of the political movements of this country, the left wing behaves as though they are superior and that the right is worthy of disdain, generally speaking. We are regarded as Unpeople of Jesusland, clinging to our guns and Bibles, needing to be brought into the 21st Century.

So, findingZzero? Is that what you think of conservatives? If so, then **** you very much. But I suspect not. And if not, please hold your ideological brethren to a higher standard.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The interesting/terrifying thing to me is that we have just seen a pretty vivid example of the fact that business leaders have decided that they should be leaders for social change with the media cheering them on. Hopefully, I'm being overly pessimistic, but I just don't see that turning out good for anybody in the long run. It sounds more like the beginning of the various dystopia books/movies that are currently popular.

Top Bottom