• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I stopped in and walked around some. Nice store. They were all out of the .30 carbine for $8.99. Nothing else seemed worth buying.

I just can't see how this area can support a store of that magnitude. I predicted that Sportsman's Warehouse wouldn't make it so I won't make a prediction on this one so as not to jinx it.:D

If the other gun shops in the area have any business sense at all, they will use the arrival of GM in increase their business.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Per a sales flyer enclosed in my Frankfort paper yesterday the Gander grand opening is Sept 15th and 16th. Some of the prices didn't look too bad - sure miss the Sportsman it is apparently replacing. I will have to go see what they have today or tomorrow.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I walked around this morning. Corrected a bunch of the gun tags. They were all jacked up but at least the staff pulled them to correct them.

Found some CCI .22WRF and cleaned them out.

Prices are salty but in fairness with the new reality of gun and ammo prices (and will only go up and up) not out of line.

I remember when you could buy Smith & Wesson revolvers for $200 all day long, and all this was orchard, and I took the ferry to West Lafayette with an onion on my belt . . .

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Whoop de do, another high priced box store.

My sentiments exactly. I stopped by during the grand opening and was only impressed by how overpriced they were. I was shocked at seeing .357 mag generic ammo $50 for a box of 50..... also some bulk .22 on sale for $21. That's retail to me. One of the best selections Ive ever seen but it costs extra for it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    How is their selection of semi-autos in 9mm and .40?

Would it make more sense to shop down in Indy?

(Just going to look and touch, would not purchase there absent a great bargain.)

Last edited:

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    How is their selection of semi-autos in 9mm and .40?

Would it make more sense to shop down in Indy?

(Just going to look and touch, would not purchase there absent a great bargain.)

I found their selection of firearms (both new and used) to be pretty good. I can't say about pricing.

They were great for gun fondling! Got to feel Glock21 right next to an XD(m). I wont be going back for anything other then ammo, and perhaps some camping gear. The sales rep could not figure out how to point the gun at anything other then me and my son.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    THey are very proud of their guns, and have an extensive selection, CZ shadow's, Sig x-5's, Kahrs, used HK's, performance center smith revolvers, etc. BUt a Sig x-d isn't worth $2100, no kahr is worth a grand to me, This should be good for volume at four guns though.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Went in to this Gander a couple days ago. Looking at TruGlow sights for my bow and they were ABOVE msrp. You can buy them direct from TruGlow for less, even after shipping.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Stopped at the Lafayette GM to look today. Gun and ammo prices are HIGH! XD Service for $649 ($460 @ ZX Guns). XD Tactical for $699 ($529 @ Midwest). Uncle mike's IWB holster for $20 ($10 @ Midwayusa), Glock magazines for $40. Nice place to look at stuff, but I really can't afford to buy anything there. I was there a half hour just looking at the guns, and no salesman offered assistance. Which mirrors my customer service experience at other GM stores.

andyoz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    North Central
    I have always found GM to be high priced as well. I even found a bi-pod on clearance at a GM (fort Wayne store) w/o a price tag. Asked salesman the price and low and behold it wasn't in their system, so he was going to sell it for the same price as the same brand Tri-po that was on "clearance ".....:laugh: it stayed at the store!!

Top Bottom