• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I love the fall. Great weather... so I went out with a buddy to do some plate shooting. I used to be big into shooting plates, mostly with single action revolvers and while dressed in goofy 1800's outfits. :)

Anyway, I decided to break out the old practice plates and this time shoot at them with a 1911 with some full house loads. Lots of fun. Here's a short video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPGziGmLuyw]YouTube - Shooting some more plates[/ame]

Did anyone else get out and shoot this weekend?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I actually shot Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Shot my new AR and Muzzle loader Friday after work for about an hour, then I had to go shoot out the ball I got stuck in my muzzle loader on Saturday (It's beena long time since I've shot a muzzle loader and forgot about the little things, like brushing the bore every few shots) and Sunday, i took my wife out for a reffresher course. We shot her Barbie Gun (a glitzy Kel-Tec SUB2000 .40 S&W) and her classic Model 10 Smith. Goreat weekend, plus I got a few hundred rounds of various calibers loaded up.

Doug K

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I got to shoot a few of my 22 pistols but did not have enough time to run through a lot of ammo. Just enough to have a little fun plinking. It is a great time of the year to get out and shoot.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looked pretty fast and accurate in the video. Do you ever shoot any USPSA at Porter County or Warsaw?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Looked pretty fast and accurate in the video. Do you ever shoot any USPSA at Porter County or Warsaw?
    Nope, I haven't shot competition in about 8 years. I'm thinking of doing some IDPA here in Valpo, I just learned about North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana and plan on seeing if I can become a member.

Does any one know a member of this club that can sponsor me?

Here's another video from about a month ago. I was shooting plates at my father inlaws. We got him a 1911 for his 50th b-day and I've been trying to teach him the fine art of plate shooting. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2HfgO9di2A]YouTube - Shooting 9-28-08[/ame]

Top Bottom