• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Did you see any fat chicks?

The only thing my eyes are adjusted to are chicks that look like this.

hot_women_in_black_bikini-309x416.jpg

On a serious not the actual real video of how a glock works I have seen before, but it is still neat.....

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    these threads get old...you would think this was grade school with the frequency this crap comes up.

The thread was based on a video that is a joke of a glock blowing up like a nuclear bomb, what were u expecting some in depth responses about ballistic coefficiants?

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Question? I do not know much about glocks. I have watch the animation several times. I see that the fire pin mechanism sits 1/2 cocked. how much is the trigger pull? is it like a da? after the first round does it go to single action mode? if so how does it decock? sorry i am still learning. thanks for the help.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Question? I do not know much about glocks. I have watch the animation several times. I see that the fire pin mechanism sits 1/2 cocked. how much is the trigger pull? is it like a da? after the first round does it go to single action mode? if so how does it decock? sorry i am still learning. thanks for the help.

I could have written up a kinda long response giving you my opinion, but I decided we'd all be better off if I just found a better explanation online. So that's what I did. I learned a thing or two from this, and I think it should answer your question to your satisfaction.

Why Glocks are NOT Double Action

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    AHHH interesting? Is the animation correct showing the pin going backwards more before releasing? being 1/2 cocked? what is an average trigger pull - lbs? are all glock in all gens this way?

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The thread was based on a video that is a joke of a glock blowing up like a nuclear bomb, what were u expecting some in depth responses about ballistic coefficiants?

Come back and read your reply again in 6 months.......ah heck it probably won't take that long for you to realize that a least 3 times a week the GLOCK haterz have to post something or reply in a GLOCK thread with :poop:. Like I said it gets old.

And yes, a little intelligent conversation would be nice once in a while.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I could have written up a kinda long response giving you my opinion, but I decided we'd all be better off if I just found a better explanation online. So that's what I did. I learned a thing or two from this, and I think it should answer your question to your satisfaction.

Why Glocks are NOT Double Action

I've seen that article before. I conveniently omits the fact that a glock trigger does perform two action. Glocks are double action only by definition. I don't know what the motivation is for glock owners to try to convince themselves that glocks are single action. :dunno:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Come back and read your reply again in 6 months.......ah heck it probably won't take that long for you to realize that a least 3 times a week the GLOCK haterz have to post something or reply in a GLOCK thread with :poop:. Like I said it gets old.

And yes, a little intelligent conversation would be nice once in a while.

I am not disagreeing with you on I don't mind some intelligent convo, but you usually don't find to much on a thread that starts of with a spoof vid....

Also that read titled "why a glock is not double action" is a good informative read. There is another thread I posted that link in I think it's enitled something Like "why do they label a glock a da" when in fact it's not it's a striker fired and they just haven't really came up with anything to cover this type of pistol, so since the trigger actually pulls back the striker somewhat when it's fired they consider it a da. The fact is a true da has to fire every time you pull the trigger which in fact is not the case with a glock.

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've seen that article before. I conveniently omits the fact that a glock trigger does perform two action. Glocks are double action only by definition. I don't know what the motivation is for glock owners to try to convince themselves that glocks are single action. :dunno:

Let me start by saying I'm not being argumentative, only inquisitive.

The author gave some definitions, which I quote below for easier reference, that I thought were pretty standard. By those definitions, the Glock design (and by association, my own Springfield XD) is not Double Action. When you say, "Glocks are double action only by definition," what definition are you using?

I've literally got no set opinion one way or the other, so I'm just asking so I'll know what the correct answer is.

Definitions:
    Single Action: Pulling the trigger does ONE thing : if the hammer has been cocked, it will release the hammer. Trigger pull is light, short, and consistant between first and subsequent shots. Example: Star Firestar Plus.

Double Action: Pulling the trigger does TWO things : it will first cock the hammer if it hasn't been cocked, and then it will release the hammer. DA Trigger pull is longer and heavier than SA, but the user can cock the hammer first if they want to fire in "Single Action Mode." If the gun is semi-automatic, the first shot is DA, subsequent shots are SA due to the slide cocking the hammer for you, resulting in differing trigger feel as described above. Example : Beretta 8045, Hoekler and Koch USP series, etc.

Double Action ONLY: Any DA gun which does not allow pre-cocking the hammer because the hammer won't stay cocked, and is often bobbed or hidden. No decock is ever needed, and trigger pull is consistent between first and subsequent shots. Example: AMT Backup

Striker Fire: Rather than a hammer, an internal striker is cocked and released to fire. The striker is cocked by the first motion of the slide, and there is no way to decock other than squeezing the trigger.

Top Bottom