• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    So the announcement is close...say he bans 30 rounders or anything over 10...does this mean we cant possess or does this mean they cant be manufactureed? Same with ARs...trying to wrap my head around what will be legal.

Stay tuned, report around noonish today with the answers.:(

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    If there ends up being a ban it will probably be against buying and selling them (30 round mags). Hopefully nothing gets banned but we will see. I think the address starts at 11:55.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    So the announcement is close...say he bans 30 rounders or anything over 10...does this mean we cant possess or does this mean they cant be manufactureed? Same with ARs...trying to wrap my head around what will be legal.

He's not banning anything today. Hes just announcing his proposals to congress. :rolleyes:

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    It's scary. I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about the possibility of banning several things (mags over 10 rounds, "assault rifles, etc.) from being produced or sold. They also said there is a possibility that anyone owning them could keep them if they pay a $2000 fee for the privilege of having them.

Unfortunately I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    He cannot ban any rifle, magazine, etc without congressional approval. He CAN by executive order make the changes to NICS checks, no private sales, mentally health screening, etc.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    30 rd magazines are not serialized or tracked. There has never been registration for them and thus there's no way for them to know how many are out there, let alone how many they need to collect and from whom. Ban sale of would be the only possible action. They won't ban manufacture because "they" want them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He cannot ban any rifle, magazine, etc without congressional approval. He CAN by executive order make the changes to NICS checks, no private sales, mentally health screening, etc.

I think comes closest to being accurate from all the looney things I've heard people say that an Executive Order can do. I'm not even so sure it can go that far. An Executive Order cannot make new or different law in an area that Congress regulates. It can only specify how, and direct specific actions to, carry out law or make regulations where Congress has specifically allowed the President to exercise discretion under a law it has passed.

Nevertheless, time will tell.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    This is hyped up so much more than it needs to be. Like others have said he can't ban anything. Not without congress and that's just not going to happen. Just remember this post 6 months from now when the hype is gone and the prices are normal again.

Top Bottom