• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This would be one of the reasons why my wife would tell me she prefers the self checkouts…minimizes the interactions with Walmart staff.
    I

I refuse to use them.
    I seek them out wherever they're available. Fast food kiosks too. And for mostly the same reason as GFGT's wife with the Walmart staff.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I really don't understand the need for the pronoun debate. I don't insist anyone call me a specific gender pronoun. I recently stopped at WalMart (something I rarely do but I needed one little thing that I couldn't get at Aldi), and the only checkout lane was being run by a rather feminine looking young man. He was very polite, and as we were chatting, I noticed his name tag. It did not have his name on it. It said "She/Her". Since when do employers allow someone to wear a name tag with this type of title on it rather than the person's name like everyone else working there wears???
    No name? So you're supposed to address this person as, "Hey, uh, Her? Can you help me with this?" Who talks like that? Those pronouns are third person. In a direct conversation with someone we don't use them. It's utter nonsense.

I've had similar experiences. Most notable at a drive through window. It was clearly a dude. Lower voice. Beard. But wore women's clothes. Pink hair. Name tag had a name, which actually was a man's name. Pronouns listed were she/her. Dude was definitely confused. Or has commitment issues.

Reactions: KG1

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I seek them out wherever they're available. Fast food kiosks too. And for mostly the same reason as GFGT's wife with the Walmart staff.
    When it comes to food, I've become quite partial to the order through the app, pick up curbside or on a rack that a lot of places have now. Minimizes the dealing with people and I've gotten quite a bit of "free" food through the rewards from places we'd go anyway. Win/win.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No name? So you're supposed to address this person as, "Hey, uh, Her? Can you help me with this?" Who talks like that? Those pronouns are third person. In a direct conversation with someone we don't use them. It's utter nonsense.

I've had similar experiences. Most notable at a drive through window. It was clearly a dude. Lower voice. Beard. But wore women's clothes. Pink hair. Name tag had a name, which actually was a man's name. Pronouns listed were she/her. Dude was definitely confused. Or has commitment issues.
    See **** like that divides everyone and makes it difficult to interact with people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I

I refuse to use them.
    Yeah, but I don't like people. :):

I prefer to use self-check, not just because of that. I'm a way better bagger. Put all the frozen in the same bags. Refrigerated in the same bags. Hard stuff goes in the same bags. Soft stuff in the same bags. Food is food, which is separate from non-food.

It's a long enough drive to/from the grocery store that we have coolers to put the cold stuff in. The idiot baggers in the checkout lane do things like put a loaf of bread in the same bag as a jug of milk. Easier for my wife and I to do it ourselves. Plus, I don't have to talk to people.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    On the INGO left, there is likely much waling and gnashing of teeth. It's fine to have viewpoints that go against the mainstream. But one can disagree without being a snarky ******* about it. If they give it, they should expect to get it back in full measure.

I hope people like LG don't see it as being banned for having the wrong worldview. He was, I suspect, banned for being an ******* about it.

Wait. He? Did we ever establish his pronouns? Could we have been misgendering him/her/zhe/whatever?
    There's goes against the mainstream, and there's degenerate, evil b.s. that shouldn't be given a voice in polite society.

I agree with very, very few of Leftygunner's takes, but I would go to bat for him to keep him on the forum if there were talk of a ban because of his politics. He's been generally measured in his many disagreements on the politics subforum, which is probably difficult to do when you're significantly outnumbered in these debates.

The recently departed, nope, I dance on his\her\ze\zer\zem's digital INGO grave because of the evil, vile things he\she\ze\zer\zem advocated for. Those sorts of people should be afraid to leave their house, let alone feel at all comfortable advocating for abusing kids on an internet forum.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See **** like that divides everyone and makes it difficult to interact with people.
    In this case, it didn't really affect our interaction other than that he put his confused state on display for the whole world to see. He told me how much it was. I gave him a credit card. He gave me my food. The drive through worked as it always has other than me having to know his personal hangups. I'd rather not know.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In this case, it didn't really affect our interaction other than that he put his confused state on display for the whole world to see. He told me how much it was. I gave him a credit card. He gave me my food. The drive through worked as it always has other than me having to know his personal hangups. I'd rather not know.
    Well, I was mostly referring to the first part of your post. How can there be any interaction if you don't even know how to address them?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's goes against the mainstream, and there's degenerate, evil b.s. that shouldn't be given a voice in polite society.
    Idunno. I think some of that was just trolling. Like a lot of atheists, who don't actually believe there is a Satan, like to say satanic **** just to troll Christians. I could be wrong but Xmil might have been trolling on some of that.

I agree with very, very few of Leftygunner's takes, but I would go to bat for him to keep him on the forum if there were talk of a ban because of his politics. He's been generally measured in his many disagreements on the politics subforum, which is probably difficult to do when you're significantly outnumbered in these debates.
    Agreed.
    The recently departed, nope, I dance on his\her\ze\zer\zem's digital INGO grave because of the evil, vile things he\she\ze\zer\zem advocated for. Those sorts of people should be afraid to leave their house, let alone feel at all comfortable advocating for abusing kids on an internet forum.
    No, I totally agree with the ban. It's like with Kut. I gave him benefit of the doubt until he removed the doubt. That dude was here to try to "annoy" conservatives. No different with Xmil.

I totally support trolling them back. But more than that, people with truly irrational, nutty ideas like that should be mocked. The world he proposed is unlivable for normal people. While I think we should not be rude to people who are "different", we should mock them publicly, mercilessly, when they try to force absurd ideologies on us, especially when it is forced on innocent children.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I was mostly referring to the first part of your post. How can there be any interaction if you don't even know how to address them?
    Oh yeah. Why would they only put their pronouns on a name tag? That's just nutty. I don't need to know your ****ing pronouns. If I'm talking to you directly, I don't need to address you with gendered pronouns. "Hey you," does not imply gender. BTW, I meant "you" rhetorically, not specifically you. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh yeah. Why would they only put their pronouns on a name tag? That's just nutty. I don't need to know your ****ing pronouns. If I'm talking to you directly, I don't need to address you with gendered pronouns. "Hey you," does not imply gender. BTW, I meant "you" rhetorically, not specifically you. :):
    They even get bent out of shape if you just say "Hey you."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, but I don't like people. :):

I prefer to use self-check, not just because of that. I'm a way better bagger. Put all the frozen in the same bags. Refrigerated in the same bags. Hard stuff goes in the same bags. Soft stuff in the same bags. Food is food, which is separate from non-food.

It's a long enough drive to/from the grocery store that we have coolers to put the cold stuff in. The idiot baggers in the checkout lane do things like put a loaf of bread in the same bag as a jug of milk. Easier for my wife and I to do it ourselves. Plus, I don't have to talk to people.
    They also seem to want to use as many bags as possible. They'll put one or two items in a bag and stick it in the cart, so I end up with 20 bags when 5 would've sufficed.

Top Bottom