• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have a blued Ruger GP100 4inch barrel and the rubber with wood insert grips. Bought new in 2007. Has less then 1000 rounds in it. It's an awsome gun but I never get around to shooting it. Only have enough time to practice with my carry guns and hunting guns. It's in excellent shape and I'm probably going to try to sell it at the next Muncie gun show. Any ideas on what I should try to get out of it?

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I just did a search and didn't come up with anything. I was initially wanting to try to sell it in the classified section but don't have anywhere near the required 50 posts. I've been a member for awhile but just don't post that often.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Odd.... I got multiple hits for "GP100" and specific search for "Classified Exchange" forum.

If you want to sell in the forum, pony up the $10 and you're in.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just did a search and didn't come up with anything. I was initially wanting to try to sell it in the classified section but don't have anywhere near the required 50 posts. I've been a member for awhile but just don't post that often.

Does Muncie have a gun show before the one scheduled in Nov ?

If you make it a point to jump in a conversation or two every few days, you would be able to participate in the classifieds long before the gun show.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I went to the firearms section in classifieds and then clicked search and entered GP100 and found 0 results. I'll try again. Also I guess I didn't see the option to pay 10 dollars either. i need to look at things closer. Thanks

Odd.... I got multiple hits for "GP100" and specific search for "Classified Exchange" forum.

If you want to sell in the forum, pony up the $10 and you're in.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I bought a new GP-100 4" in stainless a couple weeks ago for $510. I would guess that a private sale may get you $400 but I wouldn't expect a dealer to give you that much for it. Before buying mine, I looked for a couple weeks for a used GP-100 and couldn't find one used in any store or anyone willing to part with theirs, so who knows, you may find someone willing to give you a little more.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I went to the firearms section in classifieds and then clicked search and entered GP100 and found 0 results. I'll try again. Also I guess I didn't see the option to pay 10 dollars either. i need to look at things closer. Thanks

Check the FAQ's and become a "site supporter" for the $10 entry fee.

:yesway:

I sold a GP100 at the 1500 for about $375 if I remember right.
    It was a nearly new 3" stainless and I needed the cash for a different purchase.
    I was happy with my other new gun and the guy that got
    the GP was happy as well. He even got a fobus holster,
    extra set of grips and 4 speed loaders out of the deal.
    Can't beat that with a stick.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Check the FAQ's and become a "site supporter" for the $10 entry fee.

:yesway:

I sold a GP100 at the 1500 for about $375 if I remember right.
    It was a nearly new 3" stainless and I needed the cash for a different purchase.
    I was happy with my other new gun and the guy that got
    the GP was happy as well. He even got a fobus holster,
    extra set of grips and 4 speed loaders out of the deal.
    Can't beat that with a stick.

Crap! I wished you had talked to me! :D

Blued isn't as desirable for most in the GP... a lot like the blued Ruger Speed/Security Six models.

For the poster who got $425 from the dealer... wow! Or was this "$425 down on the retail value of the gun he was selling you." If a dealer bought it at $425, I'm impressed.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I believe there were 2 on here recently that had a hard time selling at $400 but seems like a fair price to me.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009

NM I'm just a dumba$$. I search GP 100 instead of GP100. The first had 0 results the latter had multiple.

I guess I'll start participating here more and make it to 50 before too long.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    NM I'm just a dumba$$. I search GP 100 instead of GP100. The first had 0 results the latter had multiple.

I guess I'll start participating here more and make it to 50 before too long.

Your search-fu must be strong if you are to come with me to Aldera... uh... the 1500. :):

Ben_Kenobi.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have a blued Ruger GP100 4inch barrel and the rubber with wood insert grips. Bought new in 2007. Has less then 1000 rounds in it. It's an awsome gun but I never get around to shooting it. Only have enough time to practice with my carry guns and hunting guns. It's in excellent shape and I'm probably going to try to sell it at the next Muncie gun show. Any ideas on what I should try to get out of it?

You might get $350.00 as the stainless models seem to sell better.

Top Bottom