• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "The last time the government shut down was 1995-96, when Congress twice failed to pass a budget bill while former President Clinton was in office. Here's a look at some federal services that shut down then -- and could again:"

What happens if the government shuts down? (3/29/11) -- GovExec.com

They said, "During the five-day shutdown in November 1995, an estimated 800,000 "non-essential" employees were sent home." I would think this would hinder gun sales if it happened.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    F buying guns, how about how are our men and women in uniform getting paid? This is bull ***** and it needs to not happen!

Wait, they are not getting paid?! We need to set up some sort of collection or something... those people need to get paid a hell of a lot more than some fat ass buracrap who walks out of their job... /rant off.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I beleive their is a second option they can accept to fund certian parts of goverment and the troops. Dems don't like it either they just want the chance to blame the republicans for a shut down.

Von Sidhe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Crown Point
    Wait, they are not getting paid?! We need to set up some sort of collection or something... those people need to get paid a hell of a lot more than some fat ass buracrap who walks out of their job... /rant off.

+ 1 only ''mission critical personal'' will be paid if the shutdown happens.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Shut the MOTHER FLECHING GOVERNMENT NOW, I have plenty of GUNS & AMMO, Let's see what the welfare hand-out takers are going to do with out the government:yesway:

Quiet you, I have a hard-earned MP5 (pistol, non-class-3) in transit. No shutting it down till my FFL receives it and does teh transfer to me!

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You know, even if the goverment shutdown causes the FBI database to close down, won't that just pop up as discrepancy and just push you on to the 3 day waiting period? Then, after 3 days, goverment or no goverment, you get your gun.

Top Bottom