• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    You can ask any price you want for whatever your selling. I agree 100%. Dont have a problem with it at all. People also have a right to not pay the price and they also have a right to remember it and not do any business with you in the future. It really is as simple as that. Ive mentiined it before but im really hoping a list will eventually come out so peoole can make those choices. Ill be totally honest, im not up on the value of every gun and ammo price out there. Im always on the lookout for a good deal but more then that an honest person I can possibly start a friendship and continue a good relationship with but trust is key imo. I dont know many on here so far but I guarantee if I see you charging more then what is normal cost and I can remember it, I will not buy anything from you. Im not whining about it but you may be if people start keeping track with a list.
    And btw is it not ok to ask questiins in for sale adds? Something like "what did it cost before the panick started"? Could other members not chime in and answer wether something is a good deal or not? Seems to be taboo to do anything like that kinda discussion in these adds. Why is that? Or should I ask that question in another thread?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You can ask any price you want for whatever your selling. I agree 100%. Dont have a problem with it at all. People also have a right to not pay the price and they also have a right to remember it and not do any business with you in the future. It really is as simple as that. Ive mentiined it before but im really hoping a list will eventually come out so peoole can make those choices. Ill be totally honest, im not up on the value of every gun and ammo price out there. Im always on the lookout for a good deal but more then that an honest person I can possibly start a friendship and continue a good relationship with but trust is key imo. I dont know many on here so far but I guarantee if I see you charging more then what is normal cost and I can remember it, I will not buy anything from you. Im not whining about it but you may be if people start keeping track with a list.
    And btw is it not ok to ask questiins in for sale adds? Something like "what did it cost before the panick started"? Could other members not chime in and answer wether something is a good deal or not? Seems to be taboo to do anything like that kinda discussion in these adds. Why is that? Or should I ask that question in another thread?

I'm peachy with your list. Can I be the first name on it just so long as you don't mind me keeping a list of Marxists I won't sell to?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    What would be the title of your list? How about, "these people tried to charge current market prices".

What are you going to do with your list next year when prices are twice what they are today.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When Clinton got elected, I bought a new Colt AR for $600. I traded it back to the same gun store 3-4 years later for $1800 and they were happy to get it. Did I gouge them? I could have sold it outright for over $2,000. Would that have been gouging?

There's a reason all my NFA forms say "investment" for reason.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I don't know what everyone is so upset about. Almost every firearm you own is worth close to what you paid for it...or more. It's time to get rid of those dusty safe queens and go out and buy what you really want. I did. Got rid of stuff I liked...but didn't love...and bought a few guns I always wanted.

The word 'gouge' never came up in any of those transactions and I'm sure we all paid more for each of the firearms in the transaction than we would have paid last year.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    What would be the title of your list? How about, "these people tried to charge current market prices".

What are you going to do with your list next year when prices are twice what they are today.

I don't believe that these are the current market prices. Many online retailers get inventory and quickly sell out of it, but never the less, their prices are the same or darn near the same as before the panicking. They may be the inpatient peoples market prices, but not mine.

This all reminds me of the SR1911. You could pick one up for around $6-$700 when a online store or decent gun shop had one. At the same time, people were selling the ones they bought for $6-$700 for $800+ because they were hard to find.

What did everyone say then? WOW that is way too much!! You can buy those for $650 at ".....", you are jacking the price up (gouging). What was the problem with what they were doing? Isn't that the same thing as now? A PMAG is only $13 new online, when you find them, but people are selling them for $50. How is that the market price when they can still be found for $13?

I have seen MOE 15-22's for $8-$900 and you can still find them at Bradis now and again for $529, so which is the current price and which is the gouger?

Sorry, call it as I see it! A person finds a Glock new at the store for $499, buys it for the intention of making a profit, then sells it for $650, what is that? Well, other than illegal!!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I don't know what everyone is so upset about. Almost every firearm you own is worth close to what you paid for it...or more. It's time to get rid of those dusty safe queens and go out and buy what you really want. I did. Got rid of stuff I liked...but didn't love...and bought a few guns I always wanted.

The word 'gouge' never came up in any of those transactions and I'm sure we all paid more for each of the firearms in the transaction than we would have paid last year.

You have a gun you desire to sell, now is the time to do it, but to go out and buy a new gun for the purpose of jacking it up $200 because it is hard to find, then you are a gouger, and operating as an FFL without a license. A personal collection is your own prerogative.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You have a gun you desire to sell, now is the time to do it, but to go out and buy a new gun for the purpose of jacking it up $200 because it is hard to find, then you are a gouger, and operating as an FFL without a license. A personal collection is your own prerogative.

Anti capitalist rant number 6971.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I don't believe that these are the current market prices. Many online retailers get inventory and quickly sell out of it, but never the less, their prices are the same or darn near the same as before the panicking. They may be the inpatient peoples market , but not mine.

Your last sentence sums up this whole thread. You believe you should be entitled to a better price than what the market is offering. What does that make you?

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    When demand spikes, for whatever reason, you will either have price spikes (aka evil gouging), out-of-stocks, or rationing. Personally, I would rather have product on the shelf available for purchase (even at high prices) than face no stock or rationing. Some of the folks who scour the net or try to time their visit to some LGS to snap up a rationed handful of pmags/glockmags etc at pre-panic prices don't even seem to realize that they are fueling the spike in demand just as much as the guy who pays $50 for a mag. The only thing worse than capitalism is every other ism.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When demand spikes, for whatever reason, you will either have price spikes (aka evil gouging), out-of-stocks, or rationing. Personally, I would rather have product on the shelf available for purchase (even at high prices) than face no stock or rationing. Some of the folks who scour the net or try to time their visit to some LGS to snap up a rationed handful of pmags/glockmags etc at pre-panic prices don't even seem to realize that they are fueling the spike in demand just as much as the guy who pays $50 for a mag. The only thing worse than capitalism is every other ism.

Well said.

If I need something, I would rather it be available and expensive, as opposed to unavailable.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Look at gas prices as a prime example. When they go over $4 people complain. When they come down people forget and get use to paying 3 something a gallon. I remember when gas use to be 1.40 10 years ago. It is what it is free trade at work

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Your last sentence sums up this whole thread. You believe you should be entitled to a better price than what the market is offering. What does that make you?

It makes me a capitalist. You missed the point of the "Market." I just sold it for more than something was sold for previously. Therefore the "Market" price has changed to what I was paid.

No, no, don't thank me. I had carpal surgery today and the meds haven't worn off yet. I have super intellectual power for a while yet. Any other questions I can answer for you?:n00b:

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    Im not this witty, however, I read this and just had to share it :):

This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of 9mm and .22 LR ammo at great prices.

On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my car and said in a very sexy voice,

"I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in a
    trade of sex for ammo?"

I thought it over for a few seconds and responded......"Well, just
    what kind of ammo have you got to trade?"

:)

Top Bottom