• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    in my younger days (17) i was scacmmed via a fake ebay "second chance" offer. i was too excited about the thought of having a supercharger for my final bid price.......

that was a good $1700 lesson i learned in patience, among other things....just glad that money wasnt a big issue to me in those days.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have dealt with scammers before.. I tell them my name is Grant ( I live in Grant county) grant pros. I give them the grant county prosecutor office address ... They send the check there..... Petty, but fun. Maybe some day they will get caught..
    Totally gonna remember that gag… once I move out of Vigo Co.

And if I'm selling anything on eList or CraigBay, you pay with a check of a money order, it's getting cashed and the money's sitting in my account for at least 30 days, or whatever the span of time is for a check cancellation is, before I ship the part, and this will be explicit in the terms of the sale.

I had some Indian chap calling me a couple of days ago asking for my mother (3.5 years dead) and asking about car insurance. I made sure to poison his database by never answering any question truthfully. As far as he's concerned, I have an indeterminate 2011 Maserati, a 2009 Porsche Cayene, and they're insured through Geico. No idea why, but the call cut off shortly thereafter. Basicly, he started calling me by my own name, which I'd never given him, rather than my mother's name.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Got an email for a craigslist add yesterday from a "Marine Engineer" who isn't available but wants to send a check and have me deliver somewhere.

I went back and forth for a few emails, but once I asked for his/her MOS, I never heard back. lol.

I just sent an email saying the item is still available but I never heard back.....

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Things having to do with "marine" are not necessarily attached to the Marine Corps. Just as where you get your boat's motor tuned up might be called "Jones Marine", this "Marine Engineer" might be an engineer of things aquatic.

… Or, they might be a scammer.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    trust me, this person is not a marine anything........ engineer anything......... and probably not in the country I'm pretty sure.

Top Bottom