• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    You could make up a cheap / simple yard sign that says something to the effect of " I respect rational , ADULT conversation , NOT the whims of anonymous letters" .

If they still have a problem with your "range time" , and they're rational adults I'd think they'd come talk to you about it after reading it .

Seems possible that they're "scared" of you for being a gun guy and chose their perceived "safest" way to approach you about their concerns .

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Your close enough, and I haven't done any mag dumps out of the 552 recently and I still need to run about 50 rounds of high velocity. out of the wifes marlin to get it properly broke in.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Though I know you don't need my approval, I like the way you are going about this issue. I am not on "back-slapping" terms with my neighbors either, but always offer a polite Hello or nod and conversation, if the situation allows. I try to operate under the "treat others as you would like to be treated" model, though I admit I sometimes fail.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I found that setting off my cannon on occasion clears the neighbors bowls . they tend to ignore the little things after that . Law says I can do that till 10 pm. , 11 pm. on weekends .

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I certainly wouldn’t let it get me down, I am pretty familiar with Wabash and can’t imagine a little gun fire disturbing anyone. Most of the people I know in Wabash are “gun people”. If you are in the county I would continue doing what you are doing and if one of your neighbors wants to “man up”, then speak to them like a rational adult and come to a fair compromise.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The obvious answer is don't disrupt their family time in the evening. Save your shooting for 3 am. :D

Ok, ok, I forgot the purple... don't do that... I would just continue to honor the requests of those people that have the guts to talk to you in person. If they can't face you and talk about it then tough for them. :twocents:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I wouldn't bother with them, or worry. It sounds like you're being responsible, and well within your rights.

I have my own neighbor problems.

I have a neighbor whose idea of family time, is pulling their kids out of school, so they can vacation in Florida, in the off-season. Now that's messed up.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Thanks folks.

I've talked to several neighbors now -- nearly all.

Their responses range from not caring one way or the other what I shoot or how late, and one lady went on for 10 minutes about how unfair it was that the coward wouldn't give me a chance to talk with him, and that she's very sorry I'm going through this.

She is an older lady who has lived out here most of her adult life, and though she is invalid now, she and her husband used to shoot with the neighbors all the time.

She kinda' validated my thoughts that this place was built as a shooting community. Kinda' figured since I find old targets (and when I'm lucky, steel plates) in the creek and out by the berm all the time after it rains, but the confirmation was nice.

An interesting aside here is that all these houses were build as defensible positions. Some, like mine, still have trenches (well disguised as other stuff) in the fronts, with awesome rifle coverage in the rear.

I doubt I'll ever know what this line of houses was, for sure. If they weren't designed strategically on purpose, then it's a hell of an odd accident.

Josh

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Josh, it sounds like you are doing the right thing. However, where I really applaud you is on your analysis of the note which included; the hand writing technique (and what it implied), the wrinkle (and what it could have been from), but what topped it off, was the smell!!!!!!!!!! I read your post and the details of it, while at first I cracked up, then realized that you are either a LEO or simply incredibly detail oriented. Either way, Bravo-Zulu on your efforts to discover the details of your chicken$#!+ neighbor!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Josh, are you sure you didn't write that note and just forgot to sign it? You aren't getting any younger, you know. :D

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    A mans handwriting and vanilla scent? I dont know that I would go looking for this person if I were in your shoes.
    Could it be an upset wife that her husband and kids pay more attention to the report of your guns than her? Either way, seems irrelevant until they step forward with some sort of input to when their family time is.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Hi folks,

I could shotgun the mailboxes by writing a letter and putting them in each one giving my phone number and requesting a call.

I think this is the best course of action. The guy is probably a little afraid of guns and thinks perhaps you will blow his head off in a murderous rage if he knocks at your door.

From your demeaner here, I think the letter you write would be perfect and inviting. It might also open up a conversation to better get to know your neighbors and develop some community bonding. A few more gun enthusiasts is never a bad thing.

dmworland0709

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Thats what i was going to say, ur never going to be able to make all ur neighbors happy so i would keep on shooting until someone in person comes and talks to u!!!!!

Top Bottom