• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm pretty sure it was a fox because it bounced when it walked. It never ran, even when I was 15ft away from it and it stopped to look at me. Walked across the road in front of a car that almost hit it, and it still didn't run.

Isn't it unusual for foxes to be moving about in subdivisions at 7pm, and not being too afraid of people or cars?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's a fox here round our 'hood...

It's so skinny it almost doesn't exist. Looks like a mink with long legs it's so skinny.

Hardly any hair left on the tail, too. Started to lose hair at the base of the tail, too.

Don't know if it's diseased or just very hungry / stressed.

As active as it's been lately, I'm sure I'll see it as a road-stain one day soon.

-J-

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I had just come from Atterbury, where I was sighting in my 10/22, so I could have easily head shot the poor critter, but it was walking into Brookview school after it crossed the road.

I know the pics are bad, because of my stupid phone. The thing was no more than 20ft. from me, but the photo looks very zoomed out. I was much closer than it appears, and I saw that it had no hair, and acted dazed, but there was no foam or aggressive behavior. I was actually hoping that car would hit it and put it out of its misery. I think I read that animals immune system can fight off mange somewhat, but if they have no hair left, then they likely have a compromised immune system (like rabies maybe).

Anyways, this is my first "chupacabra" sighting. Do you think I should report it to DNR--a mange ridden fox, possibly with rabies, wandering around neighborhoods, and the school? There are tons of children, and pets in that area.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I had just come from Atterbury, where I was sighting in my 10/22, so I could have easily head shot the poor critter, but it was walking into Brookview school after it crossed the road.

I know the pics are bad, because of my stupid phone. The thing was no more than 20ft. from me, but the photo looks very zoomed out. I was much closer than it appears, and I saw that it had no hair, and acted dazed, but there was no foam or aggressive behavior. I was actually hoping that car would hit it and put it out of its misery. I think I read that animals immune system can fight off mange somewhat, but if they have no hair left, then they likely have a compromised immune system (like rabies maybe).

Anyways, this is my first "chupacabra" sighting. Do you think I should report it to DNR--a mange ridden fox, possibly with rabies, wandering around neighborhoods, and the school? There are tons of children, and pets in that area.

i would give them a call...

awittmer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Batesville
    Last week while driving at about 10 AM, along side the road trotted a Fox in broad day light. I watched as the vehicle in front of me drove right past it, it did not move off the road. I then passed it and it stayed on the road until i could no longer see it. Seemed to look healthy, although odd for me to see at that time off of a main road.

Top Bottom