• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    And the assessed value went up 16.55%. One of my neighbors went up 6.54%. Can't figure the disparity as our houses are very similar. I really doubt the value of my home went up 16.55% in one year. As I understand it, disparities in assessed value of very similar properties in the same area is not a justification for an appeal. For example, my next door neighbors lot is $2400 less than mine. Doesn't make sense.

Am I just ranting?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After my victory before the PTBOA, I finally got a bill that showed my property's true market value and was based on a 1% tax rate, but there's an additional amount in line 1c. "Gross assessed value of all other property, including personal property (capped at 3%)". It suspiciously looks like the amount my portable shed is worth. In any case, the total amount of property taxes I'm being extorted for is tolerable for another year, but I'm definitely looking to move out of this county ASAP.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Mine actually dropped by about 4%

Also noticed this....appraisal of my home and lot comes to $xxx,xxx.00

My new homeowners insurance has me covered for that PLUS another $50K

So I called...and they reduced the amount of insurance based on the appraisal...and saved me a small fortune.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I just got my tax bill since this property was reassessed when I bought the property. I am more than happy with the amount I have to pay. Yearly it is less than the cost of going out to eat with the family. :rockwoot:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Mine has stayed pretty level over the last few years. However Floyd County School System is talking about leveling two elementary schools and rebuilding them. I can see a hike in my future.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just got ours...$220 increase over last year's bill. I may have to look into a PTABOA appeal.

Top Bottom