• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Picked it up over my lunch break; its a lovely thing....

It looks good with its bigger brother.

2011-07-01172613.jpg

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thats not a Dragunov; its a PSL. Similar, but different internals. PSL is built on an FPK receiver, and uses the same internals as the AK; just bigger to accommodate the larger round. Still, its a fun gun to shoot and a LOT cheaper. :)

As for the AK, I just noticed something two minutes ago; it has a Tapco G2 trigger in it. I hadn't realized that; happy. :)

It is your standard WASR-10, Romanian, 7.62x39. Came with two 30 rounders, (one black, one dark green, both steel,) and I had them throw in a steel 40 rounder as well.

I already have the Hogue pistol grip for it; just haven't put it on yet. The wood is darker than most, but I like that better anyway. Came with the bayonet, complete with good sheathe for it.

I'm happy with it; I'll get to shoot it on Sunday. I wanted the AK because parts and accessories are cheaper than for the AR, plus ammo is WAY cheaper, and it will eat the REALLY cheap stuff without problems.

As for the PSL, in case you missed that thread, (only picked it up last week,) I got it used at a good price. Fired the cheap-o surplus ammo I picked up with it just fine; waiting on the good stuff to come in now. Need to work harder on getting that scope sighted in; difficult to do with very few rounds, and scope directions I couldn't understand at the time.

For reference:
    Stinga - Left
    Dreapta - Right
    Sol - Down
    Sus - Up

:D

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I bought mine about three weeks ago and I've put about 500 rounds through it and I love it. Exact same model that you got. I heard they were putting the G2 triggers in all of them now. Congrats!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Quick question; I've got a hole in the end of my stock. It has a little flip-in plate over top of it. I can poke it in, and there appears to be a spring in a little hollow in there, but nothing else. The spring is not sized correctly to replace any part on the gun that I can see.

Hadn't heard about this before; is there supposed to be a cleaning kit in there or something? I notice that my cleaning rod has a threaded end, but no accessories or anything; I assume thats what this is for?

If it is for a cleaning kit, anybody know where I can get one?

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Quick question; I've got a hole in the end of my stock. It has a little flip-in plate over top of it. I can poke it in, and there appears to be a spring in a little hollow in there, but nothing else. The spring is not sized correctly to replace any part on the gun that I can see.

Hadn't heard about this before; is there supposed to be a cleaning kit in there or something? I notice that my cleaning rod has a threaded end, but no accessories or anything; I assume thats what this is for?

If it is for a cleaning kit, anybody know where I can get one?

Yes there for a cleaning kit ak cleaning kit are a dime a dozen think i have 3 or four of them but take a look at apex gun parts they have just about every odd and end gun part made

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the answer about the cleaning kit; I was pretty sure thats what it was, but not 100%. :)

As for being at Henryville...maybe eventually. My family has some land down in the Memphis Indiana area; its closer to me, and I can shoot all alone.

But it IS always fun to show off your guns....might hit up Henryville sometime soon.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nice! I got mine around 6 months ago.

I drilled and tapped the receiver in front of the magazine for a bipod to avoid interference with the barrel, and threw a POSP 8x on it. Managed to dig up 5 magazines and fit them to it, and it's been a great gun. Can't mention much about paper punching accuracy but it always tends to hit what I aim at, so I suppose it works! If it has a tapco trigger in it, clean it up with a dremel and profile/polish the hammer to minimize bolt carrier drag. I noticed most of these have an issue with the carrier getting stuck to the rear.

Top Bottom