Got my new M&P 22LR, now about those mags.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I picked up my new M&P 22lr pistol tonight and put 6 mags through it tonight. Initial impressions are positive but I've got some practice to do getting used to it. It doesn't seem as accurate as my old mark III target, but it's got an amazing feel to it. The safety is a little mushy but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Still no sign of the mags ordered from the S&W website. I received an email confirmation, but otherwise I haven't gotten any other emails on an order status, or tracking number. I think it's going to be in my best interest to pick up a few elsewhere since I don't think I'm going to be able to count on the S&W website order to be arriving any time soon. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Still no sign of the mags ordered from the S&W website. I received an email confirmation, but otherwise I haven't gotten any other emails on an order status, or tracking number. I think it's going to be in my best interest to pick up a few elsewhere since I don't think I'm going to be able to count on the S&W website order to be arriving any time soon. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

S&W takes orders even though they do not have the product in stock. I've been lucky enough to find them at my local LGS's, just keep looking.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, I kind of figured that they were going to just take the order and get to it whenever they can. Kinda stinks that the gun only came with one magazine. As much as I hate to fan the fires of this panic buying, I may have to break down and pay the $40 a piece from 44mag.com. With shipping it's $85 for two mags to the house, wow.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Yeah, I kind of figured that they were going to just take the order and get to it whenever they can. Kinda stinks that the gun only came with one magazine. As much as I hate to fan the fires of this panic buying, I may have to break down and pay the $40 a piece from 44mag.com. With shipping it's $85 for two mags to the house, wow.

My Son ordered from S&W, same delay. He e-mailed them and ask if they were in stock, they said no, he cancelled the order and bought elsewhere.
    .22 seems to be the hot item now.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So.... I haven't heard from S&W about my order, and I don't expect that I will anytime soon. In my desire to have more than one mag for my new little pistol I went back to 44mag.com to buy another. After logging in this is the message I got:

We are backed up thousands and thousands of orders and as a result orders are taking up to 20 days to ship. At the time an order is placed those items are reserved for the customer. When your order ships you will receive an email confirmation with tracking number.

We are overwhelmed with communications from customers and answering thousands of emails is keeping staff away from packing orders. Please do not call or email to check status if your order is less than 20 days old.

If you do not wish to wait your turn for processing email us your order number and we will cancel your order and make those magazines available to other customers.

We only accept orders for in stock items. We do not have ETAs for any products coming back into stock. We will not answer emails asking when a product will be back in stock. Please use the notify feature built into our website to be notified when products come into stock.

Does anyone know a place online or in the local Ft. Wayne area that would have a 10 or 12 round S&W M&P 22LR pistol mag?

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Slightly off topic, but have you had a chance to shoot it? I used one for the first time at kodiak last week. It fouled 3 times on two mags, winchester bulk pack.

Coulda been the ammo or coulda been the fact that it was a rental, but i heard rave reviews and was rather bummed in the performance.

Anywhoo, congrats on the purchase! Enjoy.

A few of us rented it from kodiak 2 weeks ago, it worked great, no trouble. then we tried the sig mosquito and have a few problems. we ended up buying a few m&p22's the next day and shot a few different loads. anything under 900 fps wouldnt move the slide far enough back to eject the old and put in the new.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i found 4 m&p22 mags on tuesday. i went to the smith and wesson website, did locate a dealer and just called everyone down the list until i found someone with them in stock. i ended up getting them from the sand burr in rochester Sand Burr Gun Ranch they were $32 each for a 12 round mag. it was worth the drive from south bend =)

Top Bottom