Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    34s5tdu.jpg

2sajzfb.jpg

Got my M&P 40 back from Dan Burwell. It turned out great. The pictures don't do the gun justice. Dan did the following to this gun:

- trigger tuned to 3.5 lbs
    - bobbed the frame (removed the beaver tail)
    - "melted" the slide
    - plated the slide, barrel, extractor, and take down lever in nickel teflon
    - installed hi-viz green front sight, and Burwell custom rear sight

I couldn't decide if I liked the shark skin texturing, so I held off on it for now. Dan really did a fantastic job. His reputation is well deserved. I won't be able to shoot until Monday, but I will post a range report when I do.

Last edited:

SharkyZiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Fishers
    Looks great!! :rockwoot:

I would love to compare the finish to my factory M&P Pro 9 in two tone.

I would love to see this in a M&P 9C.

Please PM me cost info for slide plating, trigger tune, etc. if you do not mind.

Cheers!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    34s5tdu.jpg

2sajzfb.jpg

Got my M&P 40 back from Dan Burwell. It turned out great. The pictures don't do the gun justice. Dan did the following to this gun:

- trigger tuned to 3.5 lbs
    - bobbed the frame (removed the beaver tail)
    - "melted" the slide
    - plated the slide, barrel, extractor, and take down lever in nickel teflon
    - installed hi-viz green front sight, and Burwell custom rear sight

I couldn't decide if I liked the shark skin texturing, so I held off on it for now. Dan really did a fantastic job. His reputation is well deserved. I won't be able to shoot until Monday, but I will post a range report when I do.

Hi, Nice gun!! Could you expand on this a bit!! What is Melted the slide? and would it be posible to know what it cost?(price break down) and how long was your gun out to him? link to his web site? Thank you,

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I am a little confused on what your purpose was here. Melting the slide is fine, helps prevent catching on clothing etc, but installing the fiber optic front sight defeats this in my opinion as they tend to catch on anything. Is this going to be a CC gun or primarily a range gun? Don't mean to bash you , just trying to figure out where you were headed on this. Looks good by the way.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Range gun. I liked the look of the melted plated slide versus sharp plated slide.

If I decide to carry it, it's already setup with the melted slide and I can change the front sight back.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Saw the Burwell site and thought about sending my .40c in to get some work done on it. Would like the melt treatment and thought about the sights, thanks for the info on the front fiber optic. Always good to get more information before spending the money and not being happy.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am a little confused on what your purpose was here. Melting the slide is fine, helps prevent catching on clothing etc, but installing the fiber optic front sight defeats this in my opinion as they tend to catch on anything. Is this going to be a CC gun or primarily a range gun? Don't mean to bash you , just trying to figure out where you were headed on this. Looks good by the way.

I fail to see how the fiber optic sight is more likely to catch on something if you are using a proper holster. I have a Warren fiber optic front on a G19 that I carry everyday without a hitch.

Top Bottom