Got lucky last night, neighbor didn't fare as well. (tornado)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    The storms last night were pretty nasty out my way. Had a phone call at work from the wife saying there was a funnel cloud forming over our house heading east. It touched down about a half mile east of my house and hit my two neighbors houses. Ended up heading home from work and helped them with some clean up until around 11:30 or so.

Here are some pics the wife snapped from her phone while at her sisters a few miles away.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here is the aftermath of my neighbors new pole barn, he just put it up last spring. Luckily no one was hurt.

picture.php

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    was that her video they have been showing on Fox59 all morning?

I know she sent one in on Facebook, but it was very bad quality. She sent some good pics though. Our road has been closed since the storm, last night they were sat up at the road closed sign just west of our house. Today there were a ton of news vans and choppers flying over all morning.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Glad you and your family are OK. Sucks about your neighbor's barn, but at least it was just a barn.

Hopefully the news crews will get bored and wander off soon!

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I was talking to a storm chaser last night while at Jeffs house, he said it looked like an F1, and was on the ground 45-60 seconds.

The only thing I had out of place at the house was the patio furniture blown around, bball goal flipped and trash can out in the field.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was talking to a storm chaser last night while at Jeffs house, he said it looked like an F1, and was on the ground 45-60 seconds.

The only thing I had out of place at the house was the patio furniture blown around, bball goal flipped and trash can out in the field.
    that's what the news was reporting.. f1 and on the ground about 45 seconds.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    those are some interesting pics! i wouldn't think i'd like hearing that a funnel cloud is forming over my house- yikes!

I'd much rather one form over my house...than to have one form not too far to the SW of my house...

-J-

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    The southern most edge of that storm went right over my house. The rotation in it was unreal to watch. For a short time it looked like it was trying to form a funnel right above me.

Top Bottom