d

congrats!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Been engaged since the end of Jan. of this year and will be married on 2/7. If you want to make your marriage last forever, I recommend taking a few pre marriage counseling sessions at least. My fiance and myself just started and it helped us talk about a few things already that we hadn't yet. Can't wait for February to get here, we have been dating for over a year and half already and things just get better over time. My goal is to make my marriage like my grandparents, til death do us part. Had my Grandpa not passed away, this year it would have been their 55th wedding anniversary. Congrats.

I have to agree with you completely. Premarital counseling is highly recommended. A marriage is just like a business if you take the love and emotion out of it. Counseling not only helps you with his and her needs but also deals with being business partners as well. Praying for a happy engagement and a wonderful life together.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CONGRATS!:cheers:

Three words of advice: separate bank accounts :spend:

Thats really not a bad Idea! For years my wife and I had every thing joint. But a situation occurred that convinced us to have separate accounts in separate banks. Had and emergency that required more cash than we could get from one ATM! With two accounts twice the amount available. Plus if one has computer issues, you have the other for backup.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife and I have a Joint account that we pay the house payment out of but we have separate accounts as well. I pay certain bills and she pays certain bills. We never argue about money and if I want to buy her a gift it comes from my account so it really comes from me and not us.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    We already have a joint account. For about 6 months after we moved in together we had separate accounts. I didn't see any problems with doing things that way, but she figured joint would be better. Since then, I haven't really taken care of the bills. She seems to do all that. We haven't had any problems. I just ask before i make a larger than normal purchase (over 40 dollars) just to make sure we have the money.

Thanks again folks!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    We already have a joint account. For about 6 months after we moved in together we had separate accounts. I didn't see any problems with doing things that way, but she figured joint would be better. Since then, I haven't really taken care of the bills. She seems to do all that. We haven't had any problems. I just ask before i make a larger than normal purchase (over 40 dollars) just to make sure we have the money.

Thanks again folks!

My wife and I do this, it helps a lot to have a limit especially if you are on a tight budget. Good job.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have to recommend against separate bank accounts. Once you're married they should be combined into one. It stops a lot of arguments over who makes more money and this and that. Most of the money comes from my paycheck because my wife only works part time but once it gets to the bank account it is OUR money. We use it together and do everything together that we can because we are one. If I want money for a gun or she wants money for a purse we discuss it at a budget meeting and it is added as a line item on the budget.

Top Bottom