Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    VeLKe1VE0UC0cYVglDztoA2.png

HA HA HA...call it Mosin Evolution. Not Revolution

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah...Me. Just exercising my Mosin creativity. But can't do just the the stocks. Barrels need to be cut and recrowned, scope mounting holes need to be drilled and tapped and, new bolt handles need to be made.
    My whole thought about converting Mosins is ....If you screw up, how much money have you lost? Could always just put on an ATI stock.

It's a piece of history, sure. But there's 17 million more pieces out there for around $100 a piece. Go wild I say. I plan on personalizing one or both of mine as well. I bought them as cheap, accurate rifles, not as collectors pieces.

Are you for hire? I need some scope mount holes tapped, and possbly a bolt turned down. :D

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    It's a piece of history, sure. But there's 17 million more pieces out there for around $100 a piece. Go wild I say. I plan on personalizing one or both of mine as well. I bought them as cheap, accurate rifles, not as collectors pieces.

Are you for hire? I need some scope mount holes tapped, and possbly a bolt turned down. :D

In order to do the bolt handle job, the straight handle would have to be sawed off and a slot milled into the bolt body and 2 drilled and tapped holes for mounting the new bolt handle. I drill and tap the receivers for the ATI scope mount. Then if you are going to use your wood stock ....it has to be inletted for the new bolt handle.
    Well that's the way I do it. I would be willing to sell you a Mosin already converted with a ATI stock and a 18" barrel if you are interested.
    picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom