• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Here is my new Mosin, first Mosin to be exact..

Can't wait to shoot it!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    Did you get this from a store or individual? Mind sharing how much you paid for it? I've been thinking of buying the synthetic stock for mine.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    The bluing on the barrel is pretty rough in a few places with some pitting on the underneath side of the barrel, so i think i am going to strip it down and Duracoat it..

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I would get a can of 7.62x54 and shoot the hell out of it. These guns are definitely good for that. The last bastion of cheap surplus rifles.

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    These puppies were made to withstand the Siberian winters, so I wouldn't worry so much about smoothing out a little bit of pitting! Enjoy it for the piece of history it is. And pick yourself up a pure 91/30 with the original stock. It's just fun to shoot in a more pure state IMO!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    These puppies were made to withstand the Siberian winters, so I wouldn't worry so much about smoothing out a little bit of pitting! Enjoy it for the piece of history it is. And pick yourself up a pure 91/30 with the original stock. It's just fun to shoot in a more pure state IMO!

Original Stock? :puke:I guess they are ok...if altered properly
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I like the style of the Monte Carlo stock, but not so much the reports that the'yre cheap and ill fitting. If it came in wood I'd buy it.
    The two synthetic stocks I've bought (both ATI, I think), have needed a little deburring, and some slight grinding with a Dremel tool. Nothing major, I wouldn't let it keep me from buying one, if you are thinking of putting one on a rifle.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The two synthetic stocks I've bought (both ATI, I think), have needed a little deburring, and some slight grinding with a Dremel tool. Nothing major, I wouldn't let it keep me from buying one, if you are thinking of putting one on a rifle.:twocents:

I can handle a little deburring. Maybe these people that were complaining of poor fit are just whiners who rant when everything isn't perfect out of the box?

I think I'll take the plunge and buy one. Where did you buy yours at? The only place I've seen them is Cheaper Than Dirt.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Agreed. Maybe ugly was the wrong word. Not my style, but I'm sure it made someone happy.

Yeah...Me. Just exercising my Mosin creativity. But can't do just the the stocks. Barrels need to be cut and recrowned, scope mounting holes need to be drilled and tapped and, new bolt handles need to be made.
    My whole thought about converting Mosins is ....If you screw up, how much money have you lost? Could always just put on an ATI stock.

Top Bottom