• jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    XDS NON issues

Hi Folks,
    I had my XD-s out for its break in run at Deb’s yesterday. I put about 160 rounds through it. Mostly S&B 230 grain FMJ, a few Herters same, and a half dozen hand loads of mine.
    Gun ran flawlessly. With factory ammo, it has more recoil than my 1911, but I more than expected it. There is no issues with the recoil, the gun was very easy to control. It took me a while to learn where to hold on the target, but as I progressed at 8 yards, the groups tightened up. At the end at 17yds I was able to put them in the black. The hand loads really were much easier to control (4.9 to 5.2 universal Ranier 230 CJ).
    If I had any issues at all, it would be with the trigger. It seems to pull a tad hard, and wears into my finger. I am hoping it breaks in and smooths itself out.
    Other than that it is sweet. The amazing thing is, it is just slightly bigger than my PM9. A pocket .45??
    Anyone have suggestions on holsters, etc?
    The small issue:Has anyone more than field stripped the XDS? Mine has a ton of oil in it, that I can not swab out. Weep-age by the trigger, all around the striker, etc. Any suggestions on further take down?
    Thanks

:yesway::yesway:
    :cheers:
    :ingo:

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    never really been a fan of the xd or the glock even maybe its just all the hype and my strong headed attitude to go against the grain. i shot my buddy's xd .40 a couple of shots but never really got to get a feel for it and then i bought the ol lady a g26 and loved it but that xd is making me want to try one for sure

Top Bottom