Got a letter from Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "To meet the requirements of the new laws.
    your current healthcare plan is no longer going to be offered."

Of course they are offering a plan to fit the notACA that is available for only $200 a month more, that's only $ 2400 more a year ,Yipeeee.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013

Of course they are offering a plan to fit the notACA that is available for only $200 a month more, that's only $ 2400 more a year ,Yipeeee.

So what were you not offered on the old plan that now have to be offered to meet the ACA requirements?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Do you feel your current plan is sufficient? Serious question, not sarcasm.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Don't know what is not included in the old plan that did not make it meet notACA requirements.

mbills223. Of course it sufficient , that is why I had it.

Obama lied when he said I could keep my current insurance plan.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Don't know what is not included in the old plan that did not make it meet notACA requirements.

That's what I suspected. Sorry to here you're getting ****ed by it too

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    OP can you post a scanned picture of the letter to the forum? Of course mark out any of your personal information. I have Anthem BCBS as well through my employer and have not received any such letter.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    We all knew this was going to happen as soon as it passed. insurance premiums will increase, people will lose their current coverage, this has been known for years. This shouldnt be surprising, not saying you did or did not know, just saying that if you researched obamacare, you would know this is coming. It is very sad, and so many people across the country are losing benefits and serious damage will be done to their(our) lives. until the people wake up, it will only continue to get worse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I just received the Benefits pamphlet we get every year. Our coverage is through Anthem, but as far as I can tell, nothing has changed except the cost per pay period. It looks like our costs our going up about $500 for 2014. For that, I am thankful.

EDIT: I just realize the $500 doesn't say much by itself. It's a 22% increase over the previous year.

And Mr88GT just informed me that our coverage is subject to one of those magical 1-year delays because his employer is one of those magical companies that got a deferment. So apparently 2015 will be our ugly change.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Our company had the yearly benefits meeting last week prior to open enrollment. They took away the most expensive plan (highest premium, lowest deductible) for a new, much cheaper plan. They said they created this new plan to comply with the ACA. The other plans' premiums did go up but I think it was less than $20 a month. For this though, we get better dental coverage. We were told that the company is eating quite a bit of the extra cost of implementing the ACA. The only other increase was the "penalty" for insuring a spouse that also has insurance through their employer. That increase was $25/month or $300/year.

That new plan, for a single employee with no dependents, can cost as little as $15/month.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "OP can you post a scanned picture of the letter to the forum? Of course mark out any of your personal information. I have Anthem BCBS as well through my employer and have not received any such letter. "

I would but I am having INGO posting issues and am very limited what I can do. I have asked many times on INGO for help with my posting issues , yet no answers.

The new policy anthem is offering me is the Lumenous HSA Plus.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

What Obama meant was that he wouldn't take your insurance away from you.
    He didn't say he wouldn't make rules that make it impossible for your company to offer you coverage at the old rate. The only reason your insurance is changing is because the greedy insurance company isn't willing to lose money on every policy.

You must get over this idea of listening to what progressives say; you must discern what they mean.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    What Obama meant to say is that America needs you to pay more so everyone else who "can't afford to pay more" can get a discount

Top Bottom